May 03, 2024, 01:37:10 AM

Author Topic: Priestess Spoiler Locations  (Read 6393 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Priestess Spoiler Locations
« on: May 05, 2016, 03:45:43 PM »
So, I know that it has been difficult to find where the various cards for the Academy Priestess have been spoiled.

Tom Vasel just reviewed Academy Priestess and Warlock. You can find that video >>HERE<<.

So, here is a thread that'll have all the links in it.

Temple Sentry
Asyra's Touch
Cure
Ehren, Enduring Paladin

Father Geek Preview

Second Chance
Paladin's Valor
From the Mage Wars Facebook Page

I'm going to continue to link all the Priestess spoilers here.

*Added Link to Dice Tower Review of Priestess and Warlock.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 07:38:57 AM by Laddinfance »

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 12:50:22 PM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: Priestess Spoiler Locations
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 09:49:51 PM »
So...Everyone who loves spoilers here are a ton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyVXisrYP_c

Iudicium86

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 12:02:42 AM »
Thank you very much Puddnhead! =D Don't know how I missed that video in my updates.

I do hope that AW releases additional spell book packs at least for the Academy line. Following the same pattern of matching theme spell books like in the Arena expansions that auto-include them.

The two (the Beastmaster & Wizard) spell books in Academy base I hope aren't all we'll ever get. I know it's possible to use spare Arena books, but those are full 80 pocket books, while the Academy books are 40 pocket. I'd hate to use a full Arena spell book to only fill it with 30 cards. Such waste.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 12:44:23 AM »
If memory serves, we do plan for more academy spellbooks. Now, I'm not sure exactly when. Right now I know the focus has been to get more game content out there.

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 10:43:51 AM »
Thank you very much Puddnhead! =D Don't know how I missed that video in my updates.

I do hope that AW releases additional spell book packs at least for the Academy line. Following the same pattern of matching theme spell books like in the Arena expansions that auto-include them.

The two (the Beastmaster & Wizard) spell books in Academy base I hope aren't all we'll ever get. I know it's possible to use spare Arena books, but those are full 80 pocket books, while the Academy books are 40 pocket. I'd hate to use a full Arena spell book to only fill it with 30 cards. Such waste.

You could use the front and back and treat it as 2 separate books.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 06:04:31 PM »
Anyone else think Tom glossed over some really good cards in his review? like Demonic Link or Afflicted Demon!!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:06:28 PM by Coshade »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 07:51:29 PM »

You could use the front and back and treat it as 2 separate books.

That makes it too easy to cheat.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 08:20:29 PM »
Anyone else think Tom glossed over some really good cards in his review? like Demonic Link or Afflicted Demon!!

He glossed over a lot of good cards. I really liked the Mage's ability cards. I'm kind of curious about why they chose a rerolling effect for the warlock though, and how they will explain it thematically. Right now I see luck as being associated with akiro and fate with the dawnbreaker.

That curse equipment enchantment looked great!

Tom seems to be another person who is under the mistaken impression that Academy is only for casual gamers and not hardcore gamers. It's for both!
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 09:36:18 PM »

I think it was pretty clear it was more of an unboxing video than a review. I doubt he'd even played with them yet. And he didn't seem to notice how crazy powerful some of the effects would be, or that one of his requests (getting lower stats versions of Arena cards) is almost exactly what many of the cards are (e.g. Crumble, Disperse, Gator Toughness, some of the equipments, etc). But they need different names because these same cards are legal in Arena.

I'm really looking forward to many of these cards in Arena and Domination. The Legendary demon that gets +1 melee for each enemy creature in its zone will make a great guard (or attacker) in a highly contested zone. Too bad Whirling Strike only gets the melee bonuses on the first attack. And the weapon fixes the Adramelech Walock's flame damage vs Earth Walls issue, since it has no damage type but still causes Burn tokens to activate her abilities. Ditto for the Light damage now for the Malakai Priest. He's no longer so dependent on Staff of Asyra!

I also liked how the Warlock can use the mask to make him/herself a demon to ensure the mana stealing Eye of Bael triggers. And I like that the Cloak and Cuirass can stack with a damage barrier. This makes Circle of Fire that much better. Of course, the Cloak works for a Fire Wizard, too...

As for the reroll theme, I think too many "take a damage to deal a guaranteed direct damage" effects might have been too good when stacked. Adding in some risk makes them a little less powerful. Or you can think of the Warlock praying to his demons and sometimes they answer while other times they don't - but they accept the blood sacrifice in either case.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 09:40:09 PM by iNano78 »

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 10:05:51 PM »
My guess is the Warlock is sacrificing some blood to get that reroll.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest