May 17, 2024, 04:03:36 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Mondays - SPECIAL EDITION: Tox Vs Rick  (Read 3302 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Mage Wars Mondays - SPECIAL EDITION: Tox Vs Rick
« on: August 17, 2015, 08:18:37 AM »
We have a very special Mage Wars Mondays today. Scott (Tox) and Rick had a chance to play a game of Academy this weekend for your enjoyment. Who will come out victorious? Well you'll have to watch it >>HERE<< to find out.

Note: They did play the interaction of Exile correctly. However there were a couple of small issues. Melee bonuses only affect the first attack in an action, so Badger Frenzy would have rolled 3 and then 2 dice. Also, you cannot reduce someone to below 1 attack die, just like arena, so Rick could have still attacked had he wished.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:56:24 AM by Laddinfance »

Shotgun81

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Mondays - SPECIAL EDITION: Tox Vs Rick
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 04:09:08 PM »
  I played against Tox at that event. It was a lot of fun and I have to say I was extremely impressed with Acadamy. It really does seem like the perfect introduction for new players into the Mage Wars world.
  That being said I do have one question. When I played Tox he was pretty clear that the rules had changed to where +melee or similar applied to all hits not just the first one. He said it applied to Acadamy and Arena. This has left me a little confused. Can I get a definite answer one way or the other?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 04:24:38 PM »
He was incorrect. I called and spoke to him about it. Melee bonus like that do not apply to both swings.

Shotgun81

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 05:32:24 PM »
Good to know! Thanks for the quick reply.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 04:04:31 AM »
I hope for rematch. I was cheering for Rick whole time (hate wizards :) ).
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 06:03:45 AM »

I hope for rematch. I was cheering for Rick whole time (hate wizards :) ).

Hate them thematically or because of how they play? The academy wizard sounded quite a bit less frustrating to play against than its arena counterpart, imo.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 01:34:37 PM »
He's a very different mage, he doesn't have that natural defense (shield) and offense (zap). What truly sets them apart are the cards available in academy. Teleport, wizards tower, Nullify and Dispel (in abundance) aren't an issue. Feels closer to how the wizard felt when he first came out in core set.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster