May 04, 2024, 07:06:35 AM

Author Topic: Flyers pushed against outer walls. Bashed?  (Read 5075 times)

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Flyers pushed against outer walls. Bashed?
« on: October 25, 2012, 01:57:58 PM »
If a flyer is pushed against an outer wall, do they get Bashed like any other creature?  Since the outer walls are supposed to extend high enough to prevent flyers from leaving the arena, we have been playing it as yes, they do.  This game tends to follow logic, and this seems pretty logical.  What's the official answer though?

mitkosim

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Flyers pushed against outer walls. Bashed?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »
Yes, they do. I had this question quite a while ago and put it on the BGG forums. Here is the link:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/837996/home-run

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 02:42:05 PM »
Actually I did see that before, but I'm not sure if the person who answered it is an employee of AW or if it was just someone answering who thinks they know the answer.  That's why I like going here for rules quesitions because I know who all of the "official" people are  :)

Thank you for the reply, but I just want to make sure that answer is correct before I find out at a very inconvienient time (like a tournament).

mitkosim

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 02:48:05 PM »
He is official :) Art director for AW. But I'm sure someone else will chime in here too.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 04:06:36 PM »
Art Direction: John Guytan, Sean McCoy
John Guytan is indeed the AW art director

Bashed
When a creature is Pushed into a wall with the Passage Blocked trait it is bashed. It receives an unavoidable attack of 3 attack dice of damage. The walls around the arena have the Passage Blocked trait.

Note: PG: 21
For game purposes, the walls around the outside of the arena have the Passage Blocked and Blocks LoS traits.

So yes they would take Bash damage. I hope that helps.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 04:38:29 PM »
Normally flyers do NOT encounter walls, when moving or being pushed.  However, they do get bashed when pushed against the OUTSIDE arena walls.  Those are considered high walls, and the ultimate boundary to the arena.

I hope that clarification helps!

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 04:45:01 PM »
Very much so.  Thanks to all who answered.  We were playing it right, but apparently some people on BGG were not.  

Thanks again!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 04:54:06 PM »
Quote from: "Arcanus" post=2605
Normally flyers do NOT encounter walls, when moving or being pushed.  However, they do get bashed when pushed against the OUTSIDE arena walls.  Those are considered high walls, and the ultimate boundary to the arena.

In order to push them into non arena wall you would need something like Maim Wings or Knock Down :whistle:
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

PBKWMatt

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 06:37:18 PM »
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=2607
Quote from: "Arcanus" post=2605

In order to push them into non arena wall you would need something like Maim Wings or Knock Down :whistle:

Force Push.  Jet Stream.  No defense roll vs Force Push as well.  I would think that the push effect of Jet Stream is unavoidable to.

mitkosim

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 03:39:06 AM »
The thing is if they have Flying when pushed, they ignore non-outer walls. Hence the need to maim their wings or knock them down in order to push them into non-arena walls.