May 16, 2024, 08:32:27 AM

Author Topic: When new familars arrive?  (Read 2857 times)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
When new familars arrive?
« on: June 14, 2014, 04:49:32 PM »
helllo buddies, when the last expansion, Warlock have a familiar that we are waiting to long, and warlord another, but the problem that i see with familiars that are good, if if you have a mirror match you have de danger of loose if your spellbook its based in your familiar, do you believe that there would be more familiars for each mage? except forcemaster, se has a non unique familiar.

When there will be familiars for Priests, priestess, druid,  joktari, ( you said now that felella exist, but the problem its that we have 3 nature mage, and only a familiar,

I believe that maybe familiars would be have the "only  X Mage" not the nature mage or similar, because that cause that you cant build a spellbook based on it.

Thanks .

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: When new familars arrive?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 07:54:33 PM »
Well if the Warlord can get a familiar then I suppose anyone can. The Warlocks get the imp familiar this set too so there's that.

One thing I could see happening is the Paladin having a familiar. In a lot of fantasy games when a paladin reaches a high enough level then he automatically gets a follower type who helps him out, like a side kick if you will. So that could be a Holy familiar right there. Another one for Holy would be a cleric who could only cast Holy Incantations. Sort of just wanders around and throws out a few heals now and then.

With nature you could have an insect mother who could go around spawning other insects perhaps. Or a mobile spore pod creature that could cast other plants but I think we're stretching at this point. Honestly given that Nature in my eyes rules the Enchantment column the current familiar is all I believe they need.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:54:33 PM »
If you have a book based around Fellela then make sure you have some spells to assassinate an enemy Fellela if needed. Maybe snipershot->fireball?

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 09:53:33 PM »
A simple Arc Lightning or two should easily take care of it. That or just Falcon Precision a creature and smack her a few times.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Myrddin

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 02:55:20 AM »
A simple Arc Lightning or two should easily take care of it. That or just Falcon Precision a creature and smack her a few times.
She's still flying though! I think the easiest approaches are knockdown if you have a mage/creature with decent melee (get rid of flying and defence at once, hit her, dies) or flameblast (burn beats daze for a vulnerable caster)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 03:03:40 AM »
Knockdown could work. Also Falcon Precision on either a flyer or character with reach. Or Sniper Shot an archer.