May 07, 2024, 04:33:36 AM

Author Topic: Availability of Promos  (Read 2368 times)

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Availability of Promos
« on: January 03, 2013, 02:17:11 PM »
I saw a poster that came with the Organized Play kit that had a picture of two cards on it.  One was a piece of Equipment called Meditation Amulet and the other was something like Asyrian Defender.  The Defender was obscured so I have no idea what he did, but the Amulet was clear.  I had a comment and a question regarding these cards.

First, the comment.  Mediation Amulet seems terrible.  Unless it has been changed since it was previewed on the poster, basically it costs 1 mana (I think, might be 2) and allows the mage to spend a full round action to gain 2 mana.  That seems...awful.  I would much rather spend my full action doing just about anything else, even just double moving.  How many times per game will you just sit there and spend your full round action gaining 2 mana?   Few to none. I value my full round actions more than that.  Am I missing something here?

Now, the question.  What are the availability of these cards?  The reason I ask is because I saw a poster on BGG mention using it as if he had one.  Are these released in some way?  If not, when will they be?

Thanks!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Availability of Promos
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 08:54:35 PM »
When I talked to Bryan last week he had plan out 15-25 promos but he did not say when they would be out.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage