Mage Wars > Creative

Mage ideas

(1/3) > >>

Knabbmaster:
Monk

32 life     chanel 10
Traning: holy level 2 and mind level 2. War and dark spells cost tripple.

Peaceful mind.
During each upkeep phase you gain one aura token for every 10 mana in your supply. At the end of each round all aura tokes get discarded. When you have priority however you may spend any number of them to: gain 1 mana for each you spent, +1 melee until the end of the round or heal 1 damage.

Anticipation.
As an full action you may place your Anticipation token on your mage. When you are melee attacked you may spend 3 mana or 2 mana if the attacker is a minor level creature to dodge the attack. As long as you still spend the mana you can dodge any number of attacks but the token goes away at the end of the round and will need to be reassigned for furher use.

Basic attack: quick, melee, 2 dice 7+ daze.

Knabbmaster:
Elemantalist
(ok i am not really the first one on this forum to think of this mage  ;D)

Life 32    chanel 8
Training Fire, Water, Air and Earth schools. Non elemental spells of level 2 or higher cost tripple.

The elemantel cycle
Water, earth, fire, air. One element makes the next more powerful.
If the last spell you cast was a water spell the casting cost on earth spells are reduced by their level. If it was an earth spell fire spell gets reduced in the same manner, if it was a fire spell air spells get the discount and if it was air water spells gets it.

Aether field
Through the fifth element everything is conected
Whenever your mage casts a spell you may pay mana equal to its level in order to give it limitless range and ignore LoS.

Basic melee attack: 3 dice

Sailor Vulcan:

--- Quote from: Knabb master on July 04, 2017, 01:08:18 PM ---Monk

32 life     chanel 10

Peaceful mind.
During each upkeep phase you gain one aura token for every 10 mana in your supply. At the end of each round all aura tokes get discarded. When you have priority however you may spend any number of them to: gain 1 mana for each you spent, +1 melee until the end of the round or heal 1 damage.

Anticipation.
When an enemy attacks your mage you can spend mana equal to the attackers level and flip your mages action marker to dodge the attack.

--- End quote ---
Huh. Reusable block ability seems kind of clunky. I would say you should make it cost 2 Mana as well, but I'm not entirely sure. if you want a holy/mind mage it's probably going to be REALLY tanky. All those defenses and healing and protection. You need some way to balance that.

Edit: NVM I see the mage is only trained in minor spells. It will probably have to get up close to attack the enemy or spend more spell points on a bigger creature or bigger attack spells. Maybe it would work as is?

Edit 2: what about mind's eye and thoughtspores? It seems like this mage would be much better at using them than the forcemaster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Knabbmaster:

--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on July 04, 2017, 07:08:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Knabb master on July 04, 2017, 01:08:18 PM ---Monk

32 life     chanel 10

Peaceful mind.

Anticipation.
When an enemy attacks your mage you can spend mana equal to the attackers level and flip your mages action marker to dodge the attack.

--- End quote ---
Huh. Reusable block ability seems kind of clunky. I would say you should make it cost 2 Mana as well, but I'm not entirely sure. if you want a holy/mind mage it's probably going to be REALLY tanky. All those defenses and healing and protection. You need some way to balance that.

Edit: NVM I see the mage is only trained in minor spells. It will probably have to get up close to attack the enemy or spend more spell points on a bigger creature or bigger attack spells. Maybe it would work as is?

Edit 2: what about mind's eye and thoughtspores? It seems like this mage would be much better at using them than the forcemaster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Yeah i'm not to happy with the block ability either. I'll change it so you spend the action before, (called Anticipation) only works vs melee and change the mana costs to 3 and 2 for minor. Now opponents can attack other things when you try to dodge but it still serves a purpose to protect the mage. Also now it feels like it will not be broken either against swarm nor solo mages.

Peaceful mind might make him a bit to powerful with as you said trained in holy, mind and now also 1-2 additional passive heal. Not sure of a good way to solve that at the moment.

And btw war and dark cost tripple. It was the other mage that only could cast level 1 spells.

Knabbmaster:
Dragonspeaker

33 life      9 chanel

Training: Nature and fire schools and as well as all creatures with the Dragon subtype. Mind spells cost tripple.

Dragon's call
If you have prepared a creature with the dragon subtype. You may pay 12 mana instead of the normal casting cost. If you do place the card face down in your zone. Next deployment phase it gets summoned with 3 dissipate tokens on it. If that creature is still alive when the last dissipate token is removed place the card back into your spellbook and not the discard pile. Dragon's call can only be used twice per game.

Source of life
Energy brings life.
Whenever this mage makes a fire attack against a living creature you can declare to use this ability before rolling the dice. The same amount of attack dice are used but instead of dealing damage remove a damage from the creature for each damage rolled and ignore the effect die.

Basic melee attack: 3 dice

(Edit: i changed Dragon's call to be weaker.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version