May 09, 2024, 11:35:33 AM

Author Topic: Need help with my warlock against a forcemaster  (Read 8870 times)

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with my warlock against a forcemaster
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 09:25:20 PM »
If you're worried about Mind Control, bring some copies of Mind Shield. There is nothing more satisfying than spending 2 mana and a level 1 spell to counter 12+ mana level 6 spell.
Even better, if you are able to predict the Mind Control and have a Dispel ready. This is even more satisfying as you get to Dispel the Sleep and then activate the creature to remove the Stun markers. Then "Big Smile" as they see 8 (level 3) or 10 (level 4) mana disappear down the drain for basically a 1 turn stun of the creature.

Wand of Healing also works well as it removes the condition without Stunning....

I'm not sure it'd be better. Mind Shield avoids the Stun entirely, costs you less mana, and doesn't require you to predict the correct round.

On the other hand it's vulnerable to Seeking Dispel, though I'm not sure that's a big concern.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 10:04:08 PM »
[mwcard=FWE08]Mind Shield[/mwcard]

That is a nice play, and at its cost is really worth it from both Mana and Spell points pov.

Timing is what separates me from the better players ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 10:09:56 PM »
[mwcard=FWE08]Mind Shield[/mwcard]

That is a nice play, and at its cost is really worth it from both Mana and Spell points pov.

Timing is what separates me from the better players ;)

I only have decent timing. It's a large part of the reason my books tend to have a lot of enchantments.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 12:26:53 AM »
On a side note, I really think Mind Shield should have been a Novice spell given how limited it is in over all use.

At the very least I wish it hadn't been a Mind card.. its kind of annoying that the one mage it primarily protects you from is the only one trained in it.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2014, 12:35:18 AM »
At the very least I wish it hadn't been a Mind card.. its kind of annoying that the one mage it primarily protects you from is the only one trained in it.
I could agree with it being Novice, but thematically Mind Shield has in its name the School that it belongs too. As we have discussed, I think all schools should be very good at something that you really cant get any where else. This to me is one of those spells....I know how you feel about Arcane and Metamagic too....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest