May 23, 2024, 01:56:21 AM

Author Topic: Card Distribution thoughts.  (Read 2672 times)

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Card Distribution thoughts.
« on: August 30, 2012, 03:46:38 AM »
I was bored and decided to figure out the stats on card distribution in mage wars and see what paterns emerged.  (what can i say im a numbers guy)  i wont give all the numbers (unless someone requests it) but here are some observations.

Disclaimer: since the game is so new, not all the schools are even represented by a mage.  therefore these numbers and observations are likely to change greatly especially over the first few expansions.

Arcane - very balanced school, with an even mix of creatures, enchantments, incantations.  slightly more incantations than average, nothing seems lacking.

Dark - weighted towards enchantments. lacking in equipment, except for the mage and school only equipment.

Holy - Fewer spells than the other represented major schools, however the only major school to include attack spells and the only school to include all types of cards.

Mind - unrepresented school.  seems weighted towards enchantments.  

Nature - Weighted towards creatures, and a high proportion of conjurations as well.  few incantations, the ones they have boost thier creatures in some way.

War - Unrepresented School.  most current war spells are either equipment or incatations.  which tend to be one use abilities that improve in combat.

Elemental Schools - Mostly attack spells, generally lacking in creatures, although air has one.  i would love to see elemental creatures expanded.  obviously the majority of these spells are air and fire which is why i didnt seperate them because there isnt really enough data on the diferent elemental schools to make a comparision between them.

so what do you guys think?  big waste of time? lol im sure many of these traits will continue.  i dont see mind getting many creatures.  i dont see dark suddenly becoming equipment heavy.  although some things are likely to change.  war will probibly have a high proportion of creatures.  i think it will be interesting to see how things evolve.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Card Distribution thoughts.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 08:08:08 AM »
I want to look at this a year from now and see if your predictions hold true.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 08:11:13 AM »
well these wernt intended to be predictions.  just what i noticed from the current card distribution.  some of these statements i expect will change and im sure new realizations will be added as i get more information.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 03:39:36 PM »
The year is almost up, although it'd be worth getting the druid and necro decks into your analysis before you run it....