May 04, 2024, 09:21:00 PM

Author Topic: Terrain  (Read 2673 times)

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Terrain
« on: May 20, 2017, 04:30:46 PM »
So I like the terrain cards a lot and I was talking about how the zones should be able to change into different things soon after getting into magewars. There is one issue with the terrain that I have with and that is conjugations that are in a zone and then have the zone's landscape change and be unaffected. For example if I have a battle forge in a zone and then shallow sea gets played nothing happens to forge even though it has a hydro +3. There are other examples with this but I wanted to see what you guys thought and wither terrain should affect conjugations that are in the zone prior to a terrain card being played.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Terrain
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 05:26:37 PM »
Shallow sea is just that, shallow. It probably is only about knee height. Makes it harder to walk through if you're not a good swimmer, but battle forge is taller than that and the shallow sea isn't high enough to interfere with the magical equipment forging. At least that's how I think of it. As for other hydro weak conjurations...what others do we have again? I know there are creatures that are weak to hydro. I can see how a flame Elemental wouldn't like being in a shallow sea, but he doesn't depend on non magical fuel so it's not like he's bound to a fuel source on the ground. While he can't fly, I imagine that the bottom layer of his body is temporarily quenched while the rest of his body above the water is just fine. And since it's fire it isn't bound by gravity, just its fuel source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 06:41:26 PM »
There's nothing stopping conjurations from being affected by Terrain. It just happens that none of the current ones really affect them. It is definitely something that may come up later though.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 09:32:50 AM »
There's nothing stopping conjurations from being affected by Terrain. It just happens that none of the current ones really affect them. It is definitely something that may come up later though.

And I want to see where we end up with clouds, weather, and flying conjurations.

Any tidbits that can be shared?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 03:47:59 PM »
I want to see terrain that slowly damages certain types of conjerations. Or something like mountains that act as wall for flying creatures as well. Or some kind of flaming plains then put a volcano on it that does a huge fire attack to the whole arena.