May 05, 2024, 01:47:00 AM

Author Topic: If the vine tree is deployed during deployment phase can it deploy a vine?  (Read 3103 times)

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I can't find anything on the forums.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
When multiple things happen at the same time, you get to choose the order they occur in. Therefore, you could deploy the Vine Tree (using a Seedling Pod for example) and then choose to place your vine markers. In which case, you could definitely place an extra Vine Marker using the Vine Tree's ability. However, since you are already outside of the Planning Phase, the Vine tree will not have any spells that it can cast through the Vines during the same deployment in which it itself was cast.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Zuberi is correct
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Mrmt

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: If the vine tree is deployed during deployment phase can it deploy a vine?
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 05:02:47 AM »
I can't find anything on the forums.

I'm interested to hear of a vine tree strategy that doesn't involve getting it out as fast as possible. What's your game plan?

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: If the vine tree is deployed during deployment phase can it deploy a vine?
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 09:13:26 AM »
We were playing a three player game and it happened to be going pretty slow so I started out bringing out the seedling pod tree and continuously bringing out pods while planting mana flowers and summoning some creatures. Very slow build, but it ended up working out great.