May 05, 2024, 03:19:45 AM

Author Topic: Is The Store Getting a Update Soon…  (Read 2769 times)

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Is The Store Getting a Update Soon…
« on: June 13, 2013, 12:39:07 AM »
This is primarily about the accessories. First off I HATE the description for the additional action markers,

"Add more players to your game." ( btw I think that 13 dollars for action markers and two QC tokens is alittle much, if it had the status boards I would agree with the price 100% )

I would love to add more players to the game but I need some additional status boards to add more people and another board if I want a 4 player free for all. Of course i could buy another. Core set but I don't want to buy that the. Find out later down the road that a bundle is coming out or a expasion to make it possible to play with more players.  What we have been doing is getting a notepad and keeping track of mana and health on that, and for a larger arena we just got some cardboard and drew some lines on it. This just cheapens the game to me, we start playing in a arena and then suddenly we have a dead timber wolf on the rice crispy box. Now I wouldn't be upset about having to make to do this if the game was going to stay a two-player game but there have been hints dropped that a mutiayer expansion coming out on the forum, also their have been talks about selling the tokens, arena and status board sepertaly, I see the tokens where is everything else though?  (also the arena would be made a soft pad arena. This has been confirmed by AW customer service)

I would just like to see some kind of progress going on because these what I'm talking about is not new at all this has been talked about on the forms before many times, I would just like to know if it is still in development, being talked about still or been dropped.

Know don't get me wrong I really like MW, I'm happy to be part of it in its early stages I feel like a pioneer for the game and because of that I can see the game evolving. One of those steps I think is being able to play more then two people it would MW a wider range and thus giving it the potential to bring in more players.

On the news feed it would be nice to have little updates on ideas you guys are trying with the game. Just to show that the game is evolving and progress is being made, also it would give me a reason to check the site more frequently. Idk just a idea.

Sorry for any typos or grammer, I did this on my phone.

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
Re: Is The Store Getting a Update Soon…
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 01:00:15 AM »
I also bought the extra action markers to play 4 player. the solution I used (not saying it justified them not being part of the accessory) was to photocopy the status board and use glass stones for tokens.

a solution I can  suggest mage wars can do is add 2 themed status boards (and cubes) with a future expansion eg plant background for druid, darkness for necro. people who play 1v1 will be happy because they can theme there status board instead of having x4 the same status board and 2v2 players have 4 status boards (although not uniform sorry to the ocd).

btw having status boards that match the new theme spell books (assume books come with mage expansions) would look so bad ass, shut up and take my money
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 06:33:42 AM »
I would buy those for sure  :D

It be nice if they put something on the board so the cubes would not move around so easily.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 09:34:31 AM »
I would much prefer to see themed  mouse pad material style boards sold by themselves.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 01:05:44 PM »
Great call Nitro! That's probably the best fix at this point.