May 31, 2024, 06:24:05 AM

Author Topic: Spells you would like to see  (Read 293704 times)

Sausageman

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Spells you would like to see
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2013, 08:17:08 AM »
How about some way to mitigate appalling dice rolls?
Weave Fates, Enchantment (I'm thinking Arcane)
Cast 2, Reveal 6
When this spell is revealed, you may reroll all 'blank' results from a roll this creature just made...

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2013, 01:34:06 PM »
Conjuration:
Gravity Orb - mind or arcane school

Zone exclusive
Target zone and target neighbour zone: All creatures in these 2 zones loses flying until they leave the zone(s). No creature can gain flying while in the zones.

Trap:
Lava floor

Must be cast in a zone without any objects.
When any creature enters this zone reveal Lava floor.

Put 3 lava tokens in the zone. Lava tokens hinder ground units.
During upkeep lava zone deals X unavoidable fire damage to all non-flying objects in the zone.
X = number of lavatokens +1 (add chance to burn)
At the end of the upkeep remove 1 lava token from the zone.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2013, 01:46:06 PM »
Wall:
Grand Canyon

Legendary
passage blocked trait
allows LOS

Would have to be indestructable to make sense, but that is probaly too strong. Maybe it should just last something like 3 turns?

DallasSooner87

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2013, 06:10:05 PM »
Conjuration:

Zone exclusive
Target zone and target neighbour zone: All creatures in these 2 zones loses flying until they leave the zone(s). No creature can gain flying while in the zones.

Gravikor is essentially this except it is earth school. "Legendary and Epic/ All creatures withing 2 zones lose, and cannot gain, the Flying trait." It is a dice tower promo card so sadly I don't have it (yet). Granted I can see how wanting one in another school could be of benefit.

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2013, 06:27:39 PM »
mana lock

conjuration, incorporeal, epic

all objects have the attribute "finite channel"

codex: finite channel - object can't increase its current Chanel, it's channel still can be reduced. when a new object with channel enters the arena while having the finite channel state it starts with its original stated channel. objects that gain mana through non channel means such as mana transfer or special rules on spawn points (pentagram etc) can still gain this bonus mana as it is not channels.
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2013, 06:38:51 PM »
Conjuration:

Zone exclusive

Gravikor is essentially this except it is earth school. "Legendary and Epic/ All creatures withing 2 zones lose, and cannot gain, the Flying trait." It is a dice tower promo card so sadly I don't have it (yet). Granted I can see how wanting one in another school could be of benefit.

i didnt know of this promo... there should not be 2 identical Cards in 2 different schools.

DallasSooner87

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2013, 06:42:16 PM »
Conjuration:

Zone exclusive

i didnt know of this promo... there should not be 2 identical Cards in 2 different schools.

No worries. There are a hand full of cards that start as promo cards that start their life as promos for events and OP. They will be available to everyone in expansions at sometime. I am fairly certain Galador was a promo card, and it is releasing in the upcoming tome expansion.

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2013, 07:47:38 PM »
@jack smack, if you could imagine the grand canyon more like the mage pulling the arena floor apart and holding it there, giving that wall an upkeep cost. also make it immune to all damage apart from the elements which get + X(fire, earth, air, water cause corrosion or environmental damage).
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2013, 10:07:10 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I would really like to see a standard Shield and a standard Sword. Both would be War, equipment spells that would take up one hand. It would be cool if the Shield had some sort of tough -x effect against elemental attacks.

I am sure somebody has mentioned this, but I really want some freeze/ice themed cards.
"See you space cowboy..."

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2013, 08:08:07 AM »
@jack smack, if you could imagine the grand canyon more like the mage pulling the arena floor apart and holding it there, giving that wall an upkeep cost. also make it immune to all damage apart from the elements which get + X(fire, earth, air, water cause corrosion or environmental damage).

Sounds good.

Point is i want a wall that Blocks passage (with or without bashing possibility) but still allows for ranged attacks.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I would really like to see a standard Shield and a standard Sword. Both would be War, equipment spells that would take up one hand. It would be cool if the Shield had some sort of tough -x effect against elemental attacks.

I am sure somebody has mentioned this, but I really want some freeze/ice themed cards.

I bet the ice spells will come with the Lich / necromancer

Good idea with the shield. Im not sure how to balance the 1 hand sword though.

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2013, 12:27:18 AM »
elemental tower
conjuration familiar, unique. zone exclusive spellbind. channel +1 (3 fire, water, air or earth), 16 mana

bind any non epic, non zone quick attack spell to elemental tower.
during the upkeep phase place a load token on the tower.
once per turn before or after a friendly creatures turn you may cast the attached spell if there are enough tokens to remove equal to the spells level, then remove those tokens.

---------------------------------------

like thought spore you can't change spell

the mage will have to decide if he wants to spam lvl1 spells or use lvl 3 spells just to finish people off

it should be expensive enough so its not an insta add for all builds. and should cost enough mana to difficult in a rush build

what are your thoughts

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2013, 08:07:36 AM »
I would really like to see a standard Shield and a standard Sword.

The Dice Tower Promo as a Vorpal Blade and a Morningstar. Both are One-handed.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2013, 06:55:11 PM »
elemental tower
conjuration familiar, unique. zone exclusive spellbind. channel +1 (3 fire, water, air or earth), 16 mana

bind any non epic, non zone quick attack spell to elemental tower.
during the upkeep phase place a load token on the tower.
once per turn before or after a friendly creatures turn you may cast the attached spell if there are enough tokens to remove equal to the spells level, then remove those tokens.

---------------------------------------

like thought spore you can't change spell

the mage will have to decide if he wants to spam lvl1 spells or use lvl 3 spells just to finish people off

it should be expensive enough so its not an insta add for all builds. and should cost enough mana to difficult in a rush build

what are your thoughts

Last, but not least. The Wizard's Tower rounds out our Spell Spoilers for the Conquest of Kumanjaro Expansion. Stay tuned this weekend to catch a glimpse of the Johktari Beastmaster and Malakai Priest Ability Cards!

well don't i look like a down right silly billy

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2013, 08:18:48 PM »
the war lord is  in need of a command familiar. for theme it would have to be ether
- ork/dwarf general can cast any command (non bound, like a non flying raven)
- communication officer can cast a (re)bound non epic command spell (like wand).
- propaganda outpost (conjuration) like communication officer just a conjuration of course. like all outposts it has the non adjacent condition

like in real war you can cripple an army by killing the person giving the orders

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2013, 08:25:55 PM »
The Warlord needs more war machines, especially since Akiro's Hammer is super lame. I also wish there were more Conjurations in the Mind school of magic.
"See you space cowboy..."