May 15, 2024, 06:41:55 AM

Author Topic: getting cards in Europa  (Read 6983 times)

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: getting cards in Europa
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 07:29:10 AM »
There's a very different picture country to country in all things - treating it as 'Europe' is usually wrong.

We also had Lost Grimoire here in the UK a couple of days before the US, PVS and Academy Warlock and Priestess were all very prompt.

The problem we have in the UK, when we have a problem, is not really anything to do with AW. We have one distributor of any size, who more or less have a monopoly, anything below that is more or less shops doing their own importing. So depending on decisions they make, we either get it at all shops or none, enough everywhere or not, get it promptly or months later.

We have a very wide network of online and FLGS, but a bottleneck at the distributor level.

Esdevium games?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 07:54:48 AM »
Yes Esdevium. Technically, there's a couple of other very small ones with patchy reputations, and a couple of larger OLGS that order their own stuff directly, but  in terms any other country would understand the situation we have a single distributor...

Esdevium is now owned by the growing Asmodee monolith that owns half the games publishers in the world by volume now (and gives preference to those games).

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 08:13:09 AM »
Yes Esdevium. Technically, there's a couple of other very small ones with patchy reputations, and a couple of larger OLGS that order their own stuff directly, but  in terms any other country would understand the situation we have a single distributor...

Esdevium is now owned by the growing Asmodee monolith that owns half the games publishers in the world by volume now (and gives preference to those games).

Yeah, asmodee scares me :)
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 10:07:50 AM »
ב"ה
If it comforts any of you, in my country (Israel) there is only one game-store that sell mage wars, and it only has the arena core set and the academy core set (and not even a single expansion).
I have to order everything online.

steack

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • http://magewarsfr.forumactif.org/
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 11:04:34 AM »
And the last distributor of magewars in france is.... Asmodee  :'(

and it conserved the french licence :(

serioulsy  arcane wonders can you retake the licence and i will give all french  translation same i can be abble to making the distribution .

plz
 For this christmas, just this gift !! ::)

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 03:39:12 AM »
Yeah, Boo Asmodee! :)