May 20, 2024, 01:32:13 PM

Author Topic: Necropian Vampiress and Maim Wings.  (Read 2267 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Necropian Vampiress and Maim Wings.
« on: January 16, 2014, 01:11:43 PM »
If a vampiress is flying around and someone casts Maim Wings on her, would she still be a legal target for it next round if I just didn't pay to have her flying again? If so would the card go away?
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Necropian Vampiress and Maim Wings.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 01:36:33 PM »
I don't think Maim Wings is limited to targets with Flying. In fact, the target line cannot be a creature with Flying because it would become an illegal target as soon as the Maim Wings took effect, and fall off.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 02:05:59 PM »
First, the vampiress flying only last until the end of her action phase. Not the whole round.

Second, Maim Wing only require a Corporeal creature as target. So either NV is flying or not, she is legal, so the card wont go away.

Third, Maim Wing, unlike condition like Incapacited or Restrained, doesnt prevent to regain Flying trait. So if opponent reveal Maim Wing while you were flying, you will drop to the ground for this round because Maim Wing happened after that you gained Flying. But for next turns, you will gain Flying after Maim Wing effect, so you will be able to freely fly, while being immune to futur Maim Wing since you can only have 1 enchantment with the same name on an object.

I hope my english was good enough to be clear.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 02:09:54 PM »
If you cast maim wings without revealing it and wait till the vampires activated her flying before you reveal, it will remove her flying for the turn. However the next turn she activates her flying the flying will have the newsy time stamp and over ride the maim wings. So at best maim wings will only affect the vampiress for one round. It is kind of a wasted cast.