May 03, 2024, 02:02:10 PM

Author Topic: MAGE CAST 9  (Read 5635 times)

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
MAGE CAST 9
« on: July 05, 2016, 11:33:47 AM »
Hello everyone!

Due to some unforseen medical problems, it took me a while to get this episode out. However, it's finally done and you can listen to it>>HERE<<

In the episode we hype up GenCon, examine the meta of a lot of the recent tournaments going on, and give a quick talk about a priestess book. Sharkbait also needs to invest in a new mic, so I apologize for the background buzzing in the 2nd half. THat shall be fixed before MageCast 10.

#DiceOP
and as always:
When in doubt, kill it with fire
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: MAGE CAST 9
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 05:13:12 PM »
Excelent Episode.

While listening to the part about Gencon, i was really thinking for a brief moment to cancel vacation plans for my family this year just to try to participate in tourney or at least be there :)

Thank you guys for making a GenCon experience little bit more closer for us EU guys.  :)

Go Forcemasters!
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 12:18:53 AM »
Wow great episode!  While listening I Just kept thinking about the wizard and wizard tower changes relating to the discussion of the gen con tournament.  How this is going to impact everyone?  Will we see more varied builds and changes that were a concern for non wizard players dueling with wizards?  How does this shift the perceived rankings of the mages?  Is the Druid the best Mage now, or some one else?  will this change how the wizard is played?  Will we see more varied wizard builds?

And most importantly was this a good decision for arcane wonders to make the changes to the wizard? Especially since we have seen some success in recent tournaments where wizards were strong but they did not win. 

I'm sure we will hear your guys thoughts about these things in the next Mage cast.  Exciting times to be a Mage wars fan! 
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 01:00:38 AM »
Well Farkas those are some good questions lol. I'll give you some answers from my point of view. I'm the lead judge for Gen Con this year. I expect to see Wizards at Gen Con and I expect to see the tool kit. They're still going to pay double for what they really want and that's a fact. You'll see less reliance on towers obviously but that's small potatoes really, by now there's a dozen valid ways to one shot one of those already. I do expect I'll see more variation of mages, but there were like 5 wizards out of 17 players last year....one of those wizards learned the game the day before. I didn't expect to see a Wizard win this year regardless, there's just too many other valid ways to win the game. So yeah we'll see the meta change some at Gen Con but it's still going to be an awesome tournament and amazing event over all.

Explaining the changes to players who arrive and haven't read the forums however.....yeah that's gonna suck but whatever this is part of the job description when I agreed to work for these mad scientists game designers anyway. See you at Gen Con!
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

netzhuffle

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Swiss Mage Wars Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 07:58:24 AM »
I was pointed to this today. Very interesting to hear your discussions of the Mage Wars German Nationals!
netzhuffle – Jannis Grimm, German Mage Wars Head Judge. headjudge@magewars.de

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 08:45:33 AM »
I was pointed to this today. Very interesting to hear your discussions of the Mage Wars German Nationals!

Thank you for keeping competitive Mage Wars running strong in Germany!  Our intention for this podcast is to cover as much competitive Mage Wars as possible--so keep the updates and the tournaments flowing!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 09:57:12 AM »
Any date for mc10 ? &#128512;
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 11:02:46 AM »
Any date for mc10 ? &#38;#128512;

Official word is: Eventually  8)

I'm in the process of moving now, so it will probably be after GenCon sometime (GenCon is 4-7 Aug)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 11:47:00 AM »
We could probably do a Gen Con recap episode as a thought.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 12:44:33 PM »
We could probably do a Gen Con recap episode as a thought.

Absolutely!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 02:39:00 PM »
Looking forward to it!!!

jtharrison

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 10:28:51 AM »
Would sure be nice if your show was available on iTunes & I could download it as a podcast

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 10:51:38 AM »
I'm also patiently waiting for another Mage cast.  It's actually really crazy to think about how much discussion that would be interesting to tackle right now.  To list a few.

Gencon 2016 results
Preistess and warlock academy overview of cards
Wizard and wizard tower balance
PvS

So much content and PvS could be analyzed in two epsisodes even because of the amount of awesomeness in a box!

Heck a discussion of lesser teleport and tsunami can just be one section of a cast  ;D

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 12:07:17 PM »
Time commitments of visiting all family within a 6 hr radius after moving back to near home earlier this month is cutting into production time, but rest assured there will be some fun stuff coming :).