May 08, 2024, 07:03:55 AM

Author Topic: Warlord Booster Cards from PvS  (Read 4874 times)

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Warlord Booster Cards from PvS
« on: August 09, 2016, 10:35:25 AM »
Champion's Gauntlets cost 2 WM only.
"Equipment objects in this Mage's Weapon, Ring and Shield location cannot be destroyed by an opponent's effect. When Champions gauntlets would be destroyed prevent that destruction unless that opponent pays 2 mana"

-----------------------------------------------

Steadfast Boots cost 5 WM only.
"This Mage gains the Unmovable and Anchored traits."

----------------------------------------------------

Knight of the Red Helm
Already spoiled - still looks good for Warlords.

Noble Vanguard cost 9  Holy & war 1   Dwarf, Knight, Soldier.
fast 3 dice

Intercept * Vigilant

---------------------------------------------------

Overextend   cost 4    Incantation Command

"Overextend can only target an inactive creature. Flip the creature's action marker face-up. After that creatures next activation, it gains a Stun condition. You can only cast this one time per round on the same creature"

---------------------------------------------------------

Steep Hill          Conjuration Terrain Elevated   Earth L 2

8 q 0-1 zone

"LoS which passes through two sides of this zone is blocked. All non-Flying creatures in this zone gain the Ranged +1 trait. Non-Flying creatures require a full action to move into this zone.

----------------------------------------------

Ballad of Courage   Enchantment         Psychic, Song

2 / 5        q 0-2 Creature              War 2

Dissipate 2

"This creature cannot be Hindered and gains the Charge +2 and Fast traits."

Warlords gonna Rock (haha)
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Warlord Booster Cards from PvS
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 12:21:41 PM »
Wow, some very exciting and useful cards.  Champion gauntlets and steadfast boots make warlords very strong mages now!!! Thanks for posting some spoilers from PvS!
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 03:54:17 PM »
Wow champion gauntlets eh? I see disarm making a huge comeback soon! Disable the gauntlets dissolve the equipment. Rinse repeat. Very strong though
I love this game. Its awesome!

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 04:00:31 PM »
There another reason I now like disarm! :)
The Phoenix shall rise.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 04:11:30 PM »
Wow champion gauntlets eh? I see disarm making a huge comeback soon! Disable the gauntlets dissolve the equipment. Rinse repeat. Very strong though
That's two actions for every weapon/shield/ring equipment You want to dissolve. IMO the gauntlets served their purpose if You're doing that.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 05:03:44 PM »
You're gonna use 2 actions anyway, this way saves sbp, mana, and the frustration of another cheap pair of gauntlets dining everything. Obviously not every time but it's not a bad choice for a one off equipment destruction strat

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 05:41:54 PM »
Dissolving the Gauntlets can costs even 12 mana with Rune of Reforging, Harshforge Plate and Armor Ward. Another thing I like about them is that they give protection against Crumble, which the Plate wasn't providing.
You're gonna use 2 actions anyway, this way saves sbp, mana, and the frustration of another cheap pair of gauntlets dining everything. Obviously not every time but it's not a bad choice for a one off equipment destruction strat
Properly timed You could dissolve two items after getting rid off the gauntlets. Opponent will need to use action and mana to get another gauntlets on.

It's a shame that the boots aren't Harshforge boots.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 06:13:54 PM »
Not to be a contrarion but im not seeing the proper timing for  3 actions worth of use. Even best case scenario you dissolve the gauntlets final qc off initiative, your opponent still has first qc to put them back on. Or nully or something. Unless you are a wizard with hugiin, a siren with naya, or a druid with a vine tree or seedling pod  (playing an opponent with awful timing) casting corrosive orchid, or a warlock with an explode on serserix there's no way to guarentee that action advantage and even if you are one of those combinations its still an incredibly difficult thing to get your opponent to let you do. I'm not suggesting its the best thing to do but disarming the gauntlets costs you i assume one mana  (don't know the lvl) then you can dissolve at cost (or slightly over with AW or HF plate). Stick it in a wand and that warlord is going to need to use his expensive nullifies to stop you. I'm just saying its a good idea. Maybe not the best, but nobody plays disarm anymore, so they likely won't see it coming

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 10:02:56 AM »
Not to be a contrarion but im not seeing the proper timing for  3 actions worth of use. Even best case scenario you dissolve the gauntlets final qc off initiative, your opponent still has first qc to put them back on. Or nully or something. Unless you are a wizard with hugiin, a siren with naya, or a druid with a vine tree or seedling pod  (playing an opponent with awful timing) casting corrosive orchid, or a warlock with an explode on serserix there's no way to guarentee that action advantage and even if you are one of those combinations its still an incredibly difficult thing to get your opponent to let you do. I'm not suggesting its the best thing to do but disarming the gauntlets costs you i assume one mana  (don't know the lvl) then you can dissolve at cost (or slightly over with AW or HF plate). Stick it in a wand and that warlord is going to need to use his expensive nullifies to stop you. I'm just saying its a good idea. Maybe not the best, but nobody plays disarm anymore, so they likely won't see it coming

If you dissolve it (and do not just disarm):

The idea is that you go last in a round with your Mage, then quick cast... Then you get the first quick cast in the next round before your opponent can use his first quick cast. The only trouble is that IF the opponent has prepared a second copy, and saves his final quick cast in the first round to possibly replace the equipment, you will not get the second dissolve.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 07:23:07 PM by DaveW »
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 06:20:22 PM »
Nobody plays disarm anymore, so they likely won't see it coming.

I put 1 or 2 disarm in very book I make. Turning off a piece of equipment for a turn is very useful.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 07:08:04 AM »
Likewise - I have about 20 books, and not a single one without Disarm. Probably a third have 2 copies.