May 02, 2024, 10:50:08 AM

Author Topic: countering damage-over-time builds  (Read 10280 times)

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: countering damage-over-time builds
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 09:18:50 AM »
spring could be nice true. also a welltimed heal or something is nice. I feel the main problem is that people are not prepared for the DOT builds they still use there bf to armor up and die with 5armor and where never hit all game :D

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 11:44:15 AM »
Either you get a fast regen on yourself, or you just ignore the DOT's, while you're  going for their action efficiency = Battleforge + Familiar.

Their biggest advantage would be Vet belt with 3+ armor.
Just make sure that you're able to dissolve vet belts and mage wands as your main prio while beating down their mage. If you've creatures, make sure they don't hit into the belt and that you can start using jinx etc to gain an advantage.

Having at least 2 null, 2 jinx, 1 purify and 1 purge magic/destroy magic will make you able to challenge the dots with incantations if needed.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:49:25 AM by Drefan »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
Octagon user: Drefan

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 12:02:15 PM »
honsetly jinx is overrated after hanma used it in gen con. It is extremly strong in his strategy but not so super as everyone thinks now in the other builds

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 12:27:59 PM »
honsetly jinx is overrated after hanma used it in gen con. It is extremly strong in his strategy but not so super as everyone thinks now in the other builds

I kinda agree about jinx. However, certain builds can really use it. (I think more aggro builds)

And this is why Enchantment Transfusion needs to Die in Fire.

Oh, and I totally agree with this! Enchantment transfusion is one of those cards I believe is just crazy overpowered. Both in the defence as in the offence. (to protect enchantments and to change 3+ buff enchantments to another attacker during that turn)

My top hated cards:
1) Enchantment transfusion
2) Wizards tower
3) zombie brute
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 12:31:50 PM »
Ok, but keep in mind that people tend to forget about using enough seeking dispels in their decks. if you have 3-4 seeking dispels, then enchantment transfusion becomes less dangerous, because you can snipe it.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 12:45:44 PM »
Ok, but keep in mind that people tend to forget about using enough seeking dispels in their decks. if you have 3-4 seeking dispels, then enchantment transfusion becomes less dangerous, because you can snipe it.

This could almost only work when the opponent uses ET for defensive uses, not if they cast it right before you kill a creature to send all the buffs to another one or to get all the buffs to another creature for an attack. You don't have the time to plan seeking dispel, or even IF you planned it, to play it in between. The annoying thing is that you need tons of arcane support in your books and that seeking dispel also costs you an action. Not really progressive when you need to put pressure on the opponent. Also, a huge part of all of my books are purely staple arcane/water spells for armor and enchantments.

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2016, 10:57:34 AM »
If the creature is buffed and you will kill it next round, it's pretty easy to plan seeking dispel for the obvious transfusion.

Seeking is definitely a skill card, meaning that's it's only as good as the player that plays it. I don't think transfusion is a broken enchant by any means. It may be a hard card to play around, but it can DEFINITELY be done. Also, it's pretty obvious when and where transfusion will be played. This is the card's weakness.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 08:21:22 AM »
If the creature is buffed and you will kill it next round, it's pretty easy to plan seeking dispel for the obvious transfusion.

you need to plan seeking dispel for your quick cast, no attack spell, and you probably give the opponent the time to let it attack 1 last massive time or heal it. I don't like it that it can be so freaking action (3+ enchantments in 1 action) & mana efficient at the same time. Also, I don't like it that you just need seeking dispel for situations like this. A huge part of my books are filled with staple arcane (and water) cards. My warlord doesn't like it.  ;)

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 10:31:55 AM »

you need to plan seeking dispel for your quick cast, no attack spell, and you probably give the opponent the time to let it attack 1 last massive time or heal it. I don't like it that it can be so freaking action (3+ enchantments in 1 action) & mana efficient at the same time. Also, I don't like it that you just need seeking dispel for situations like this. A huge part of my books are filled with staple arcane (and water) cards. My warlord doesn't like it.  ;)

also priestess academy will bring something there ;)