Mage Wars > Spells

Voltari Gate

(1/4) > >>

Mestrahd:
I paused the Dicetower review to read this card, and I'm not sure I understand it. It has channeling so it provides its own mana, but also gets mana when an opponent does something. No problem so far. The part I don't get is whenever you get 3 mana on it you can summon a creature. Is this different than other spawnpoints? I don't recall a threshold on Lair for example. So let's say you have 3 mana, is this creature now free or do you still make up the difference? Basically, I'm confused as to why there's a threshold on summoning when none of the other spawnpoints seem to have one.

patrickconnor:
No, the creature is not free. You must pay the difference.

Mestrahd:
Do you have to have 3 mana on it to use it? You can use Battleforge with only 1.

patrickconnor:
That would be correct. (on both accounts)

O/W the Gate would get crazy amounts of mana building up. 1 for Channeling, 2 if your opponent plays 2 spells.

Klaxas:
i have used the gate quite a bit with my wizard, you generate 2 mana if your opponent casts 2 spells, 1 mana that it generates itself and 1 mana for harmonize (you did remember to cast harmonize on it didnt you? :::grins:::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version