Mage Wars > Creative

Vampiress

<< < (2/3) > >>

Obsidian Soul:
But Vampires in Mage Wars have no particular weakness to Light, just look at the Necropian Vampiress.  In fact, I think that giving any Mage a weakness of that caliber would be unprecedented.

Karadox:
You're right but if he got light +2 it would be the same as if he was considered a Dark School creature.
Vampiric is real strong and she also has melee +1.

It would definitely fit a vampire, that light spells do more harm to him.
If his other attributes are only strong enough I do not think that then something speaks against it, he has many strengths but also a big weakness.
Also in school there is the Cloak of Shadows.

At least I would try to give the vampire Mage Light +2.

It then depends on what spells you give him.

Sailor Vulcan:
Mages tend to be very general in order to give players more freedom to customize their strategies. What purpose does a weakness to light attack serve? Well, it makes the mage more likely to be dazed or stunned by them, and puts them at a disadvantage against holy mages. What sort of ability would a weakness to light compensate for?

One possibility is a mage that can use an extra non move quick action in place of a move action. A weakness to light attacks would certainly be necessary to balance that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Karadox:
It does not necessarily have to be the ability to tear it out but also the special spells that only a vampire can use.

I would rather give him  flying with a spell like this and another kind of ability.

One question, why is your vampire versed in the water school?
I understand fire would be stupid because of warlock and also not so conclusive.

I'm really interested so I ask.

I'm still of the opinion that Mind school makes the most sense then maybe only level 1.

Vampires understand how to seduce and influence their victims (Mind).

I see right now that you can give him at most level 1 mind because he should not be able to cast the thoughtspore.

Obsidian Soul:
Two High Magic Schools cannot be allowed in one Mage unless their highest school is level 3 (for example, the Paladin).  Water fits with the idea of the Darkfen, which seems to be the center of the Dark school around the Peninsula shared with Westlock.  I imagine that a Mummy would be Dark and Earth (and Unliving) while a Banshee would be Dark and Air (and possibly Unloving depending on the metaphysics of Etheria).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version