May 14, 2024, 03:34:51 PM

Author Topic: How to use the Johktari Beastmaster?  (Read 13197 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: How to use the Johktari Beastmaster?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 08:08:43 AM »
I think it's one that Bryan's been holding back. Granted there is a ton of design that he's done over the 5+ years he was working on the original core set, so I'm sure there are lots of mechanics he's holding back.

Hairypoppins

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 02:32:30 PM »
If all else fails, there's Intangible's Johktari Rushmaster to fall back on. Akiro's Favor + 6 Hurl Boulders. Just rush, rush, rush all day long.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 05:25:33 PM »

I know that it is only a matter of time when we will get one or more weapons which will had quick shooting on them ;)

Also, dont forget long forgotten information about "Skirmish" trait. I think it was mentioned together with Centaur and some North east region.

I still think johktari Bm should have been a centaur. It would have been all too fitting for her playstyle. Too many of our mages look all too much like humans. Granted, the Orc warlord was good.

I mean, I know some people might have complained about racism if you made the only dark-skinned mage so far a centaur rather than a fully hominid race, but the only real reason that you don't have any other dark skinned mages is because most of the mages released so far come from the central hearthlands which is based on Europe. Once you got to the Egypt themed nation, or maybe even anywhere else in Kumanjaro, people would be eating their words.

So far we have 7 humans, 3 elves, an orc and a dwarf.
Ah well. I suppose having more fantasy racial diversity looks racist to people not familiar with the setting...
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 12:42:44 AM »
I'll touch on this a bit more later, but suffice it to say, she is my favorite mage for a reason, and second to the wizard, can make best use of her spam, err, spawn point..
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2015, 03:00:42 AM »
So why is this beast master my favorite of the mages we have to date? Wounded prey, lair pooping out dire wolves is amazing. They don't have the greatest life total, but they allow you to roll incredibly high dice totals, when combined with the bow, and the crowd favorite hurl boulder, with the meta moving away from teleport, tangle vine is a beautiful thing. Enfeeble is also incredibly punishing, and even some protection in the form of a guarding bear, the world becomes your oyster.

She, contrary to her fast trait, actually plays a lot like a wizard. I have actually played around with the fairy familiar, which seems on the face to be pushing things in terms of action advantage, can actually help a lot with the longer matchups.

What makes the bow so good? Because it is an incredible threat to the enemy mage. U have to deal with it, or stay out of the way. Sure, you can get into the same zone, but I've got this, like, bear, that guards.

What it comes done to, is that this mage does not play itself. It's not an easy book to build, or play. And while I at this about most mages, having a preset game plan is vital to a winning game. How mine plays is by using action advantage over the course of the game to then burst kill in the last few rounds. Maybe not the best with the current structure, but incredibly strong in an umtimed match.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...