May 16, 2024, 02:55:57 PM

Author Topic: Lost grimoire spoilers  (Read 10666 times)

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Lost grimoire spoilers
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 04:05:05 AM »
I ordered some stuff from Brave New World (Germany) and Academy Priestess is avilable. Academy Warlock should be here this week.

Lost Grim is only item they didnt know when to expect :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 05:18:27 AM »
I received warlock and priestess at the same time. I believe near the end of august. I ordered it in a local store. (Belgium)
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

steack

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • http://magewarsfr.forumactif.org/
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 06:08:35 AM »
 8)  I received warlock and priestess .  I ordered it in a local store. (french)  ,   after a long, long  time!!

the  distributors for France are   in england or in belgium , so , we can find this extension  in Europe now .

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 09:12:08 AM »
PvS isn't out yet

Officially no, but enough copies were sold at GenCon, that there are local pockets where they have lots of copies, and it's definitely out - they have even had PvS legal tournaments....

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 09:20:10 AM »
That's fair. I was just letting people know that if their local store didn't have it, then that's not a problem, yet.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2016, 12:23:40 PM »
PvS isn't out yet

Officially no, but enough copies were sold at GenCon, that there are local pockets where they have lots of copies, and it's definitely out - they have even had PvS legal tournaments....

Besides Copenhagen, where in Europe can normal people get it? I wouldn't say that it's out :(

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2016, 01:50:01 PM »
As far as I am aware just Copenhagen, although there was talk of it spreading to Hamburg I believe. Presumably there's more availability in the US.

I agree it's not on general release, but enough people have played with it and have it in their hands. It's also a little unusual because we have had the spoilers, then 'release' videos and reviews, but then it's shipment has been delayed somehow. It was all building up to an early Sept release kind of schedule, then fell flat. Delays happen, but having seen all the cards for weeks now, and been building with them, it 'feels' out...

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 01:53:10 PM »
I was just letting people know that if their local store didn't have it, then that's not a problem, yet.

I'm not so sure I agree. To me this is a problem. As mentioned before, the whole set were announced several weeks ago along with spoliers. Since then...nothing... I would even say this is devastating for the game. This should have been the big revenge after years with nothing. The buzz was there again after the spoliers, but now I hear nothing and no one has been able buy it yet...

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2016, 02:06:36 PM »
The copies that were sold at Gen Con were all air frieghted in, whereas the release product was shipped through normal channels. It takes a while for the product to get to the United States and then be processed by our fulfillment center. That is all proceeding as we'd normally expect. I certainly want the product out as soon as possible, but right now there isn't anything I can do to speed up that process. 

So, I'm aware of the concerns and I share them. PVS represents almost a solid year of my life. I hope you believe me when I say I want it in everyone's hands.

I'm not sure what coverage you would have wanted for PVS after Gen Con. The set had been almost completely spoiled before the event, so continuing spoilers seemed unhelpful. At the end of the day I want to be able to communicate cleanly with all of you. So, please let me know your thoughts, and remember nothing turns on a dime and just because we're presented with an idea doesn't mean it will necessarily get adopted.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2016, 03:04:25 PM »
The copies that were sold at Gen Con were all air frieghted in, whereas the release product was shipped through normal channels. It takes a while for the product to get to the United States and then be processed by our fulfillment center. That is all proceeding as we'd normally expect. I certainly want the product out as soon as possible, but right now there isn't anything I can do to speed up that process. 

So, I'm aware of the concerns and I share them. PVS represents almost a solid year of my life. I hope you believe me when I say I want it in everyone's hands.

I'm not sure what coverage you would have wanted for PVS after Gen Con. The set had been almost completely spoiled before the event, so continuing spoilers seemed unhelpful. At the end of the day I want to be able to communicate cleanly with all of you. So, please let me know your thoughts, and remember nothing turns on a dime and just because we're presented with an idea doesn't mean it will necessarily get adopted.

I don't blame anyone, especially not you Aaron .
What I believe, think, and have heard though is that it was a mistake to release the product at GenCon so many weeks prior to the propper release. I think a lot of the MW fans out there really felt the spark kicking in again during the spoliers. Now that momentum feels lost again.
I strongly believe it would have been better to do the whole marketing campaign and spoliers once AW were able to feed the bigger crowd. Looking back, Essen would have been a much better option in my eyes.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2016, 06:04:52 PM »

I don't blame anyone, especially not you Aaron .
What I believe, think, and have heard though is that it was a mistake to release the product at GenCon so many weeks prior to the propper release. I think a lot of the MW fans out there really felt the spark kicking in again during the spoliers. Now that momentum feels lost again.
I strongly believe it would have been better to do the whole marketing campaign and spoliers once AW were able to feed the bigger crowd. Looking back, Essen would have been a much better option in my eyes.

I think in a nutshell this.

I completely get why you want to release it at GenCon, and that's right. But it's also been widely seen as an own goal to generate lots of hype (more excitement than I remember from any of the previous sets in fact), and then for it all to fall flat afterwards because the general release hasn't happened.

The spoiler activity needs to lead to a full release pretty quickly. So that means the whole printing schedule needed to move back a couple of months so you can launch at GenCon, and then have at distributors around the world 1-2 weeks later... If that wasn't possible, then yes, an Essen release, rather than GenCon.

Utterly not your fault Aaron, but sad to see all that hardwork and good will dissipating...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 01:18:24 AM by Kelanen »

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2016, 06:58:54 PM »
I'm not sure what coverage you would have wanted for PVS after Gen Con. The set had been almost completely spoiled before the event, so continuing spoilers seemed unhelpful.
I think otherwise. Your spoilers not only provided card images in nice format, but there also was your description.
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2016, 12:09:25 AM »
ב"ה
Well, a month or two earlier or latter doesn't change that much. Eventually PvS will be everywhere :)

Now, about "Lost Grimoire", Is it the one about the new wizard and forcemaster, or is it another kind of expansion?

jhaelen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2016, 01:46:51 AM »
Now, about "Lost Grimoire", Is it the one about the new wizard and forcemaster, or is it another kind of expansion?
It's a collection of former promo cards.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2016, 02:50:10 AM »
It's a collection of former promo cards.

Half former promo, and half new I believe...