May 14, 2024, 02:57:28 PM

Author Topic: Spells you would like to see  (Read 292944 times)

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Spells you would like to see
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2013, 08:29:49 PM »
I don't want any destroy target creature effects, since they make buffs much worse, and give a big advantage to whoever has the higher channeling. I also prefer the flavor MW has because you need to find ways to deal with creatures, and not just Terror them away whenever they annoy you.

I also don't want there to be mass removal for equipment. That's part of the advantage equipment has over enchantments, and I think the trade offs between equipment and enchantments work well now. I could see a card that destroyed 2 pieces of equipment though.

I'd like to see a fire enchantment that puts a Burn condition on the creature/conjuration each upkeep phase. It wouldn't be allowed to target fire immune objects.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2013, 09:47:27 PM »
there could be mass dissolve card which makes you select 3-4 equipment and role +8 to dissolve each and you can pay mana for each as you go, even if you succeed the role you still need the mana to dissolve. note resistance to acid would lower the effect dice
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

jjcrpntr

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2013, 08:10:04 AM »
I've been playing this for only a few days, but I'd love to see more creatures. Something I'd like is elemental Golemns. You could summon a giant Ice Golem that would have high attack, high health but would take 3 dmg every upkeep phase as it's melting.  Or a mud Golem that has decent stats but each round gets a defense token added to it, max of 3 or 4) as it's hardening after being summoned. Once it hits the max it gets the slow trait.  I think things like this could add more strategy to the game. Do you blitz the mud golem before it can reach it's strength, is the ice golem worth it if you don't have the healing ability to keep it up? There are other things you could do with this kind of mechanic that I think could be really fun.

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2013, 10:17:03 PM »
this may have been discussed in necro before. but I would like to see a graveyard conjuration that is a spawn point that can have one of the following abilities
1. simple and boring able to summon undead
2. summon undead creatures only in graveyard (very thematic)
3. combination of 1 and 2 (possibly 2 cost more mana)

my favorite

4. when a living creature on the field dies it is placed face up on the graveyard with no action marker. during deployment the creature on the top of the deck can be spawned (pay normal mana for creature) and controlled by the controller of graveyard. place an undead token on that creature this creature has the nonliving trait and its lvl less life (ie angles have 14-5=9 life).

standard mage only rules apply to option 4
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2013, 08:19:36 PM »
How about an equipment spell called Amulet (or whatever) of Dismissal? It would let a mage remove one conjuration spell that he created from the game. For example, if a mage were to be teleported into his own poison gas cloud, he might be able to quick cast a dismissal action to remove the conjuration so its effects are not felt during upkeep.

As an enchantment with a similar ability, dismissing his own wall with the passage attacks trait would be good, in which case he could reveal the (one use only?) enchantment to dismiss the barrier. The same might be done for any wall cast by the mage he were about to be slammed against.

On the question regarding whether conjurations should be allowed as targets, however, someone could make an argument that the "original" casting magic has taken effect and that a physical object remains. That is, if we presume that they are physical manifestations brought into being at the time of casting and have no on-going magical effect, then there would be no magic effect to cancel. However, the mage knew how to create the object with magic, he might also know how to undo it with magic.

Now that I think about it... this might be an interesting mage special ability for a "conjurer" type mage. No equipment or enchantment needed... just leave it as a quick spell ability that he is able to be cast reflexively (counter spell step, or whatever it's called).
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Alberto112

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2013, 09:23:59 AM »
Hi

I have not read the post, sorry if the idea has already been posted.

1. A Spell which give me unique mana and that in different amounts.

2. "Walls" (Clouds) which hinder flying in LoS.

3. Creatures which can to bury oneself. ( Enemy cant attack)
3a. and dig itself in other zone ( slow trait for move under earth.

4. Spell, Creature or Mage trait, "assassin" =  full action 1-1 move-attack-move back

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2013, 07:11:29 PM »
I'd like to see some creatures with a Shadow theme.
These are some abilities that I think would be really cool to go along with the idea.

1.When this creature guards it gains the following ability in place of counter strike:
--during the avoid attack phase you may pay 2 mana to teleport this creature 1 zone canceling the attack

--You may pay one mana to give this creature the Incorporeal trait until it's next activation or after it's next attack, whichever comes first.

3. Light +2 (not a positive ability but it would make sense).

Ahlano

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2013, 12:31:37 AM »
So many ideas... i would like to see:

a Fire Elemental... theres an earth..why not fire?
He could have lower hp than the earth one...and prob be incorporeal... with the abbility to quick cast a burn condition on target object on the field (creature/conjuration) and could have +X Melee vs a target, X being the number of burn tokens on the target

:D that be nice, maybe for a pyromancer mage ;D.

and i would really like to see bonemancer cards... you know..summoning bone creatures, bone walls, maybe some bone spear?.. im thinking of the bone skills on the necromancer from diablo II... ahh that game. <3

and speaking of necromancer... pleaaase tell me theres gonna be some form of corpse explosion :D, with zone dmg poison or just fire dmg... that be great... you could use it to destroy a target creature you control and do dmg :D

so many ideas come to mind...
Warlock FTW, untill necro comes out ._.

Björn Stornämd

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2013, 11:26:23 AM »
Something to hinder or deny teleportation. 

Teleport is good, its an auto include in every spell book.  Its used on friendly targets, on opponents, on their creatures, on yourself, to destroy creature conjurations, to disregard the "slow" trait, to hop over traps.. put it on a wand!  put it on a familiar!   Its so good that when God himself interferes in the battle (Divine Intervention) its a freaking Teleport!

But I digress.. Id like to see a Trait that can stop teleportation and a card or two to hinder what is debatably the best utility function in the game.

Version 1: The basic friend or foe "hey dont teleport that" card.
Planer Anchor:
Enchantment or Conjuration (which ever, so long as it targets a creature)
Target Creature gains the "Anchored" Trait.   Creatures with Anchored cannot be moved via Teleportation.

Version 2: The anti-"SlowLol CreatureTeleport-Spam" book card.
Warp Lag
Enchantment or Conjuration (again, whichever so long as it sticks to a creature)
If this Creature is moved via Teleportation, its action marker is turned face down when it enters the destination zone.

Version 3: Just a weird card idea
Portal of ____  (something named after a place in lore.)
Conjuration/Enchantment (targets zone), Legendary (to avoid confusion of multiple effects.)

Whenever any Creature is Teleported, it moves to this zone instead of its original destination.

Also, a semi-unrelated card because that would be useful, and is cool for Zelda fans:
Iron Boots:
Equipment
You gain the Immovable Trait.

I would like to see a teleport disruptor. A conjuration or enchantment that makes a whole zone immune to teleports. No teleports into that zone and no teleports out of that zone.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2013, 12:57:28 PM »
I would also like to see the Teleport disruptor be in the War school to help counter the advantage that Arcane already has. It would seem to me it would be natural for War to counter Arcane in this manner.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2013, 04:14:25 PM »
Sadly, teleport disruptor is clearly arcane metamagic. The best hope for warlord would be a spamable  command incantation.

Call it "Belay" as in the naval "belay that order" or the safety call "on belay" in rock climbing.
Incantation, War level 1, 4 mana, command, range 0-2: Magebind +2. Push target creature to the zone in which it started the turn.

I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2013, 04:41:26 PM »
Why would it be arcane meta-magic? Poison is Dark and the Cure is Light. Teleport is Arcane, why wouldn't it's counter be it's opposite.

Now I understand the argument that it hasn't explicitly been said that War and Arcane are opposing magic's, just inferred from the Warlord. It seems natural though they are opposites. Though that would leave Nature with no opposing magic (other than it could also be argued Dark).

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2013, 04:52:47 PM »
It really just boils down to the packaging.

A case could be made for such cards to be Minds spell if its designed as a Force of Will/Contest of Wills themed card
All it needs it the word "curse" in its subtype to make it a Dark Spell (maiming wings would otherwise feel like a War Spell if not for the fact its a curse)
If you took away the Holy Themed packaging, Divine Intervention wouldn't naturally strike someone as a Holy spell.

So, mechanics like those can be worked into any school really.  It'd just depend on what flavor the writers/designers would want to use in bringing them to life.

Additionally, the most basic version (the "creature gains Anchor") could pretty easily just be a Novice spell and then it can still be Arcane but remain accessible to everyone. 

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2013, 06:44:36 PM »
Agreed on the novice anchor.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2013, 07:24:58 PM »
If you took away the Holy Themed packaging, Divine Intervention wouldn't naturally strike someone as a Holy spell.
I can agree with almost all of this, however how this card works with the special ruling that can "interrupt" it does feel to me as if the Hand of the Gods came down and wrapped the target (normally my mage) if the warm holy light and moved me to another point in the arena.