May 15, 2024, 01:12:10 AM

Author Topic: Level 99 Crossover Cards  (Read 5458 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Level 99 Crossover Cards
« on: January 08, 2015, 08:16:14 PM »
Two cards have been shown as crossovers from level 99 games. They will be promos given away at upcoming events and will be released in a set later.

Both these cards are actually really good. Gerard talks about Pirate type creatures, so there must be some of those coming in the future at some point.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Level 99 Crossover Cards
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 10:20:11 PM »
I like the look of both of these creatures. Eligor will be a good guard that works well with healing and Crown of Protection. Gerard will be worthwhile if you can keep him alive for a few rounds.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 06:56:27 AM »
All i see is: Pirates!

SvP will most likely bring a bunch of them.

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 09:20:13 AM »
... meaning the Siren could specialize in summoning Pirates instead of Fish ?
Maybe she'll have a ring reducing Pirates casting cost.
It seems to me like the Water school will specialize somewhat in Pirates like the War school specializes in Soldiers with Gerard belonging to both schools.

I also find it interesting that you can now use a new resource ( gold ) to summon ( pirate or soldier ) creatures.
Has a nice thematic feel to it ... the lure of gold for those "types" :)

Gerrard also seems like a fine candidate for Battle Fury, Swirling Strike even and a target to spam Defend on ...
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Jon.Ambriz

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 11:43:50 PM »
Yeah...Both look awesome for both defensive and aggressive builds. But, I'm seeing Gerard becoming a new buddy-buddy creature given his passive. If I'm reading it correctly, he'll stack Piercing with each of the Gold Tokens he has on him, effective after just two Upkeeps and one Battle Fury he'll be dealing "True Damage" and completely ignoring all common types of creature armor in the game; the only exception being of course those creatures with Resilient.

Just as Borg said: Battle Fury, Whirling Strike, Defend are good incantations, not to mention Retaliate, to generate gold. Then you boost his survivability with Rhino Hide, and Bull Endurance. To finish his insanity off, throw on Bear Strength, Falcon Precision, Lion Savagery, Cobra Reflexes, Cheetah Speed, and Mongoose Agility because why not?  :o sooo many ways to break that passive! Though it all goes to hell if he's Force Crushed, or Essence Drain then Banished, or hell even hit with Purge Magick/Destory Magick or Arcane Corruption.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
That's a nice spell you have there. It'd be a shame if something happened to it.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 02:52:33 PM »
Really excited about Gerard. A creature that can either generate gold (mana) or buff themselves is really valuable. You opponent will probably want to destroy or distract him quick. I think making an opening with this card is a neat idea.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest