May 15, 2024, 11:58:29 PM

Author Topic: Mortuorum Ambulantum  (Read 11577 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Mortuorum Ambulantum
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2014, 07:48:21 PM »
OK, just finished a game, with my opponent as a Warlock.  I lost, but only by luck - my Zombie Hulk whiffed, only landing 3 hits with 6 dice on a 2 armor warlock, and then my venomous zombie failed to land two hits, including taint.  I had a lot of fun, I played just like I intended, and the book performed really well.  I have a concern, though.  Zombie Frenzy seems to be bit overpowered.

Essentially, the first time I played it, I reduced his Mage from full life to almost half life with my zombies.  A few turns later, he has escaped, with only about 25% of his life left.  Now, he has to hide in the corner.  So I summon a Mage Wand, and bind the second frenzy to it.  Now I can do it every turn, and he can't do a damn thing.  And why can't he do a damn thing?  Because of the first frenzy!  Now, granted, I had to wait until the endgame to do it, and he had no idea of that card before the first one was played.  But it still seems somewhat OP, as it essentially takes away the only bad thing about zombies - their slowness.  It seems that only two things can beat the necromancer, rushes and flyers.  I lost because of LoF.  If I add another maim wings, that's no longer a problem.  Now, only rushing can beat him.  Is there any other way?
He is the reason my Skeleton Build has a Mage Staff to handle flyers.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Sand Goblin

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mortuorum Ambulantum
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2014, 06:21:43 AM »
Flyers are tough, yes.  This is why the build now has another maim winged, and another acid ball.  I may eventually take one acid ball back out, ad replace it with a more substantial attack.