May 12, 2024, 08:12:01 PM

Author Topic: What PvS cards?  (Read 2693 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
What PvS cards?
« on: October 11, 2016, 01:19:13 PM »
I'm sure a huge thread could exist over which mage you prefer to try out first, but which PvS cards are you most interested in trying out in your other books?
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Re: What PvS cards?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 02:29:45 PM »
I'm sure a huge thread could exist over which mage you prefer to try out first, but which PvS cards are you most interested in trying out in your other books?

DAT CROC. Seriously, he's great pet material. Absolute monster
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

EricTheGreat12

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 03:00:39 PM »
Sherean Leviathan. This creature is an absolute annihilator, and by my guessing, my opponent will pretty much just finish what he's doing and put everything he can on this monster. My dad hates it when I bring out powerful creatures during our games, but I'm gonna put him into a real panicked frenzy with this one.

Kraken is also another beauty, the only problem being that it's slow, and enemies can easily just run away from it if it gets too close. Nonetheless, Kraken can be very effective if you place him right.

In terms of attacks, I'm really excited to try tsunami. Everything about is music to my ears, but I was expecting 4 dice instead of 3.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 03:41:13 PM »
I once used Tsunami to send a dozen creatures including both mages tumbling across the entire map.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 03:49:19 PM »
I'm dying for the holy stuff, my priest books are going to be insane! Luminous Blast for one, pillar of righteous flame, malkais basilica. Those are the big ones i guess. Super excited for the boost that holy is getting here!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 03:57:50 PM »
Cassiel!

Martyr's Restoration!

Water Elemental!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 05:55:52 PM »
There are now so many Holy or Warlord combos I see that would be fun with many of these cards. 

However I'm gonna stick with my favorite school...nature. 

The Druid I would love to make an undead pirate theme book!  Another Druid book would be fun to see the crocidile, crab, or Kracken paired with thorn lashers and some ways to push enemies around with some low level water spells. 

Beast Master I agree croc and crab fun combos would be good pets.  Elephant Grass is an instant addition to any Beast Master book. 

I'm most looking forward to using over extend with enchanted bridge trolls (or any big soldier units).  Very scary combo.

Swamp Terran is going to be devastating and or very useful to many mages, particularly to control mages such as Wizards, Siren, or Druid. 

Also minor Teleport to any slow creature to get it closer to a zone or on the face of a mage is going to be a fun time. 

This expansion is awesome love the new combos it adds to a bunch of different schools not just the ones focused on. 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 05:59:20 PM by farkas1 »

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 03:20:55 PM »
ב"ה
The terrain spells. That is a completely new mechanic that could change the game in interesting ways.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 06:54:30 PM »
Been playing with the Siren, she can live and die by her terrain depending on the build. Her board controls insane.

Played Steep Hill last night for the first time in a casual book. Utterly changed the entire course of the match. Blocks line of fire, slows movement stepping into it, and boosts rangeabilities. It's going to give certain warlords huge benefits.