May 06, 2024, 10:21:59 AM

Author Topic: Ehren setup in academy  (Read 3080 times)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Ehren setup in academy
« on: May 27, 2016, 01:11:48 PM »
So in previous topics, the methods of healing for ehren were discussed in Arena. I was wondering how to heal him in academy. There are less options available. You would want him healed by the start of round 3.

The only passive/free healing spells now are iguana regrowth, the unicorn, circle of protection and the bow. Regrowth costs 5 mana, is too slow and is out of school, the circle is very expensive, the bow takes too many actions and the unicorn seems also too slow. It seems that you will need to actively heal him. Mend is nice and cheap, but you can only use 3 of them in an entire game. Seems a bit of a waste to use them all on him.

The best option seems the broken wing angel. Fast healing, and action efficient.

Starting mana: 9

round 1: Ehren (5) + faith healer staff (3) (7 damage left on Ehren)
Round 2: (8 ) Broken wing angel (6) + mend  (2)  (6 dice)
Round 3: Heal 1 during upkeep: starting mana = 6

At the start of round 3, you have a 60% chance that Ehren is healed, and 40% that you don't have to use the last mana. This leaves a 40% chance that he is NOT healed by round 3. If you do not have the initiative here, this may cause you to be in a HUGE disadvantage since you now have 2 weak creatures and almost nothing else. (The opponent will probably make sure you will not be able to heal him any further)

Of course you could always spam mend on him during the two setup rounds, but it would leave the priestess with few healing powers left for the rest of the game.

edit: I just notice that it is much better to switch the staff and mend if everything goes right, or use a second mend in round two if the dice were not favourable.

Any other ideas?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:22:27 PM by Halewijn »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Ehren setup in academy
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 01:59:42 PM »
Summon more creatures. Whenever you cast a healing spell, your priestess's ability will allow you to put a guard token on one of your creatures by paying mana equal to its level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 03:04:09 AM »
He has a ton of hitpoints. It's not a bad idea to put a Regrowth on him.  Will also be used in the fight later, so this should be very mana efficient. This can manybe seduce the opponent to attack him very early, because he thinks that he can prevent him to grow to his full potential. While Ehren is tanking the damage, you have more time to breath.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 03:06:15 AM by Schwenkgott »
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 08:37:20 AM »
I agree with Schwen.

He serves more as a threat and meat shield more than a actual weapon. Also, moment i "awaken him" my oponents mostly fold the game (psychological effect :) )
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )