May 06, 2024, 11:26:13 AM

Author Topic: Curse Item  (Read 8226 times)

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Curse Item
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 04:38:12 AM »
And Disperse :)

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 05:02:14 AM »
The spell is nice as you dont have to break through nullify as destruction. But it is again costing you extra points. It costs minimum double the points of crumble (which also breaks through nullify) or dissolve. It does not generally destroy the equipment so if you need to get rid of it you need also run the others in sufficient quantities (2+) if your strat is shut down by certain equipment.

It is not worth mana wise compared to most lvl1 equipment, even though it probably does really hurt you. So you want a few dissolve also for this reason. Here you also have to consider if you are going to destroy the right euipment anyway, the warlock may have a second lash of hellfire but no second pair of gauntlets of strength. I would dare to curse the gauntlets for a 3mana loss for example.

Curse equipment joined with more dispel catchers works very nice on the expensive stuff like galvitar... but keep in mind that it has cantrip and you lost spellpoints if he choses to destroy.

Generally speeking: nice spell for curse heavy mages, nice add on for 0-2 there, for example the dragonscale for your blasting banker AD warlock can be cursed either dmg. By having more curses he will think about a dispel. But I would invest too much in this spell. You still need dissolve and/or cumble so you will net need to spare those points somewhere.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 08:50:31 AM »
It can always just be targeted with a Dispel, though I'm willing to bet I have more Curses in my Warlock book than a Wizard does Dispels(as in I have more than 6 anyway.)

Six Dispels max, but also perhaps a couple can be gotten rid of with Seeking Dispels (if prepped on the turn that they are cast) and if the enchantment isn't revealed immediately. Also Jinx' will keep the spell from being cast to begin with... at least delaying the effect.

Okay, since we started down this path there are also 4 possible mage wands to take into account...
And 4 familiars with spellbind ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 09:04:06 AM »
I think as was mentioned the mage this could hurt the most is the Necromancer. Generally not heavy on equipment to begin with they're also not big on healing. What gear they have is precious to them and so is every last hit point.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.