May 02, 2024, 07:29:07 AM

Author Topic: Attacking your own creatures  (Read 5247 times)

ktype2

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Attacking your own creatures
« on: October 28, 2012, 02:53:32 AM »
Since sleep incapacitates a creature until they receive damage, is it possible for a mage/creature to attack a friendly creature to wake him up?

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Attacking your own creatures
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 04:00:05 AM »
Yes - and in most scenatios, it is the only option (since your opponent will not do it for you).
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 09:24:07 AM »
Quote from: "Gewar" post=2687
Yes - and in most scenatios, it is the only option (since your opponent will not do it for you).

We talked about this a while back. Check these out attacking friendly creatures and condition removal
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Hedge

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 01:05:42 PM »
I think it is time this question goes into the faq.

Hedge

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 09:27:01 AM »
Quote from: "Hedge" post=2705
I think it is time this question goes into the faq.

Hedge

I do not have final say for the FAQs or I would. :)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 12:19:20 PM »
Hey guys!  

Shadow - you are a highly respected member of the Mage Wars team sir.  Anytime you feel something should be in the FAQ, please let me know.  The FAQ is going to be assembled, and should be posted, sometime this week.

I agree that a clarification for sleep would be a good idea.  The whole concept was to create a situation where you have to attack your own creature, which is a fun and interesting mechanic!  If timed right, it can put a creature out of the game for a long time.

A Priestess can remove the sleep condition as part of her innate ability.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 01:35:11 PM »
Quote from: "Arcanus" post=2743
Hey guys!  

Shadow - you are a highly respected member of the Mage Wars team sir.  Anytime you feel something should be in the FAQ, please let me know.  The FAQ is going to be assembled, and should be posted, sometime this week.

I agree that a clarification for sleep would be a good idea.  The whole concept was to create a situation where you have to attack your own creature, which is a fun and interesting mechanic!  If timed right, it can put a creature out of the game for a long time.

A Priestess can remove the sleep condition as part of her innate ability.

Ty for the nod Bryan. Had been on calls for the past 2 hours so a bit late on the response.

Aquila

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 04:21:56 AM »
Quote from: "Gewar" post=2687

But than sleep is one of the must brutal cards in the game!!
A wizard with his familiar can cast a sleep spell every round, almost for free!!
And killing the bird is not easy, if good protected!

I ran into a Priestes, casting my first 2 big wolfs in the game to sleep! Mana loss was more than double than hers! And the game was gone...

I dont like sleep... its to mighty i think! :(