May 04, 2024, 11:12:41 PM

Author Topic: Forged In Fire  (Read 381124 times)

lettucemode

Re: Forged In Fire
« Reply #240 on: May 19, 2014, 02:38:17 PM »
And it's up...

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 19, 2014, 02:38:42 PM »
im disappointed :(

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 19, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »
Dang that's expensive. Not just the mana, but spellbook points wise and then the side effect of having him out, most importantly. Probably shouldn't summon him at the beginning of a match, more of a midgame or late game card, and only if you aren't too damaged.

That makes him a bit more situational than I would like, which leads me to question whether he'll be popular or not.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 02:50:19 PM by Lord0fWinter »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 19, 2014, 02:58:29 PM »
I see a lot of potential for this guy honestly. Yeah he's expensive, but he's a dragon I expected that. Yeah losing 2 Life is...ouch a pain but there's ways to work around that honestly. Like I dunno, summon a Darkfenne Bat and Drain Soul. He's a late game "finishing move" honestly and if the games tight then he could be a real balance shifter. One really funny idea I had in case his cost gets a little too nasty: Sacrificial Alter him and turn another creature into the God of Death with +8 Melee and +8 Piercing for a turn. Yeah it's an expensive move but it COULD be really cool.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 19, 2014, 03:02:23 PM »
One really funny idea I had in case his cost gets a little too nasty: Sacrificial Alter him and turn another creature into the God of Death with +8 Melee and +8 Piercing for a turn. Yeah it's an expensive move but it COULD be really cool.

Just imagine a beefed-up Shaggoth and then adding that to him, oh god xD
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 19, 2014, 03:15:36 PM »
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKI01]Drain Soul[/mwcard] has proved useful with this guy.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 19, 2014, 03:17:14 PM »
Now obviously I'm not advocating sacrificing him right off the bat, he's a dragon for crying out loud let him play.....but late game after he's already made his attack and a few folks have Rot....yeah turn a Skeletal Knight or even Mort into the grim reaper and lay waste to someone! Hehe if you're a Warlock and run him then just think of what you could do late game. Bear Strength, Gauntlets of Strength, Lash of Hellfire, Power Strike, and then sacrifice the big guy means you're rolling 18 Attack Dice with 8 Piercing! That could really change how things are going ladies and gents.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #247 on: May 19, 2014, 03:30:39 PM »
I would cast this guy early with a Regrowth Belt. My opponent would then have to fight 2 mages! Seriously, this thing can't be hindered, so it will go straight to the enemy mage and wreck havoc on him. Enemy mage will have a hard time getting away of it.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 19, 2014, 03:32:52 PM »
I would cast this guy early with a Regrowth Belt. My opponent would then have to fight 2 mages! Seriously, this thing can't be hindered, so it will go straight to the enemy mage and wreck havoc on him. Enemy mage will have a hard time getting away of it.

That would be a great idea if he inflicted damage, but unfortunately you lose 2 life every turn. The reasoning of this is probably to prevent the strategy you just described :(

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2014, 03:34:33 PM »
He is not inflicting two damage, he is reducing life by two each Upkeep phase. Think tainted that never ever ever goes away...
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 19, 2014, 03:35:30 PM »
It's life loss, not damage.  So regrowth belt or death link won't help.

You can cut the life loss to 1 per round if you use sunfire amulet.  Drain Soul helps but it's 16 mana too.

Usually though, if you time Sardo right the life loss isn't too major either you win or the opponent gets rid of him before it's been enough rounds to matter.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #251 on: May 19, 2014, 03:42:35 PM »

That would be a great idea if he inflicted damage, but unfortunately you lose 2 life every turn. The reasoning of this is probably to prevent the strategy you just described :(

Oh shit, I misread that. Yeah, a sunfire amulet would be useful to delay it.

I would still cast it early, when I am unharmed. That way my opponenent would be in big trouble.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2014, 03:44:34 PM »
A priestess who spends 24 spell points on him could offset it by spamming holy incantations

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2014, 03:47:13 PM »
A priestess who spends 24 spell points on him could offset it by spamming holy incantations

I would love to see that build. That's kinda hilarious.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2014, 03:50:53 PM »
I spent 24 spell points to make Sardo my forcemasters sidekick in one test build, never did a priestess one though