May 11, 2024, 05:03:06 PM

Author Topic: Dealing with necromancer deathlock plus idol of pestilence  (Read 11473 times)

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with necromancer deathlock plus idol of pestilence
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 04:50:38 PM »
I have a necro deck with Otto Kronig, Master Engineer, 2x Goblin Builder, and 1 Mort. 5x wall of bones. mort can heal the walls so you just drop Idol of Pestilence, and Deathlock. and when otto or the gobs die you just Animate dead on them and keep the combo going. the mage will have the eagle claw boots and can climb over the walls after the combo is going and drop skeleton archers and nuke any offense coming his way

Oh Really? :P

Edit: I am the guy he plays against.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:52:28 PM by Maverick87 »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 08:22:41 PM »
I have played vs idol/deathlock in my campaign as a FM. I had no problem taking a measly 1 damage per round while I ignored his creatures and went for his throat. Round 6 win. He hurts himself not being able to heal. He seems very strong mid to late game with zombies/skells. Just kill him before he gets going mid to late game.

Idol and Deathlock aren't cards you play for no reason.  What is that, 18 mana for 1 damage every turn and no way to protect himself?  That's pretty terrible.

I mean, Plaguemaster is fine, but I can't imagine building around it that much...

Edit: You also can't even use the damage ability in that situation.   :-\
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Sirscott13

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 10:11:36 AM »
Alter of Skulls works better for the necromancer because he can defend one conjuration better than two, and if he keeps Mort with the alter, you can heal it and Life Bond +2 means the Necromancer gets to heal up to two damage while the opponent cannot heal and gets damaged 2 damage (3 with IoP). One of my favorite Necromancer strategies.

His Lifebond is better than the Druids, because Mort can reconstruct (heal) even in finite life conditions.