May 09, 2024, 04:49:58 PM

Author Topic: My solo Forcemaster  (Read 5953 times)

harveymcglenn

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
My solo Forcemaster
« on: October 16, 2013, 10:46:38 PM »
There was recently a post putting forth the question of whether a Forcemaster that could win without the aid of creatures could be constructed.  I though I would post the the spell book that I have coincidentally been working on the last month that tackled the same issue. 

Really, I just wanted to play the FM well, and figured out that solo was the best for me. 

Attack

Hurl Boulder x4
Forcehammer x2
Invisible Fist x2
Fireball x2
Hurl meteorite

Conjuration

Fog Bank
Deathlock

Creatures

Feral Bobcat
Cervere, the Forest Shadow

Enchantment

Charm x2
Eagle Wings
Block
Mongoose Agility
Enfeeble
Forcefield
Forcecrush
Cheetah Speed
Falcon Precision
Critical Strike

Equiptment

Elemental Cloak
Galvitar, Force Blade
Leather Boots

Incantation

Force Push x2
Seeking Dispel
Force Wave
Evade
Dispel
Dissolve
Force Bash
Teleport x2
Charge
Sleep
Mass Sleep

Obviously there are some creatures, but I have yet had to pull them out.   I have been getting a good amount of wins with this deck.

As you can see, the main focus is Attack Spells.  I pretty much just cast them every chance I get.  You have to decide which spell is appropriate for the circumstances i.e. Hurl Boulder has Stun, and Fireball has burn.  This has taken my opponents off guard and made them react to something a little different than what they usually encounter.  By the time they get down a good plan of attack, it is to late...except...regeneration can be a real bummer for this build.  Time is definitely against the forcemaster.  So here are what my first two turns sometimes are :

Turn 1

Deathlock, Leather Boots

Turn 2

Cheetah Speed, Hurl Boulder

While this has been my favorite start, it does leave you a little low on mana. 

I'm not really casting a lot of Conjurations or Incantations.  I'll take out Galvitar if it seems like direct attacks would be better for a circumstance.  Besides the attacks and the first few spells, probably the card I've gotten the most use out of is Mass Sleep.

Let me know what you think!  If you play OCTGN, I'll see you out there with this biuld for a little while longer!

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
Re: My solo Forcemaster
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 09:16:16 AM »
Against a Wizard, this book would not stand a chance. With only 1 disolve, the wizard would have his 4 armor + voltaric shield, eating your first attack spell. And the 2nd spell would be eaten by a gargoyle.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 09:30:54 AM »
Expect that as soon as a competent player see the deathlock followed by an attackspell he will change his strategy to outlast your burst damage.

This means Guards, armor, blocks/reverse attacks, LOS kiting with walls. soon you will be in trouble because you are out of actions.
ie: you cant dissolve / dispell and get rid of guard and do damage.
Slowly he will build 1 or 2 mediums that you are not focusing on and they will grind you down.

I atleast assume that you need to get 2 hurl boulders off in the same round for the surprise element, in order to get this to work. And why not open with fireballs? arent they better damage / per mana?

Only throwing 1 means that the next round he will have 3 or 4 armor.

harveymcglenn

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 12:19:45 PM »
Thanks for the comments.  I want to reiterate that I was specifically trying to work with the force master in this manner.  This deck will not win against high level opponents, but I've gotten some wins (which surprised me) because of the opponent not reacting soon enough.  I've taken this specific build as  far as i want, but before I retired it I thought I would share!