May 03, 2024, 03:02:26 PM

Author Topic: The Eratta.  (Read 10949 times)

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
The Eratta.
« on: July 19, 2013, 04:14:47 PM »
Wow. I go to take my lunch break, and I discover Hand-Solo Forcemaster is nerfed twice and so is Temple Priestess/Priest. Huh. Between this and the new defensive cards in Conquest, are we entering a new age of control books?
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Eratta.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 04:35:50 PM »
Some players found it imbalanced dieing on turn 4 and 5. (Yes it can still be done. No I will not explain how. This just makes it a little more difficult to do)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 04:45:21 PM »
I think it opens up more options. That and players will have too come up with some new strategies now, ending with better book building.

I feel its for the best.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 04:46:07 PM »
Is there some way in which loyal and stalwart existing owners of the game can get updated cards? I can see ALL SORTS of chaos occurring here, and I don't want marker pen on my cards...

That would be nice.

DallasSooner87

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 04:48:50 PM »
Is there some way in which loyal and stalwart existing owners of the game can get updated cards? I can see ALL SORTS of chaos occurring here, and I don't want marker pen on my cards...

That would be nice.

I too would be interested in something like this. I know I won't be able to remember if I don't mark my cards, and I have a less than 0% desire to do so because they look so good.

Texan85

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Game Free, or Die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 04:50:46 PM »
I agree with the temple of light, but I thought it should go priest only epic instead.

Although the hand change was interesting, but I could see how it would über out the FM
Ipsa Scentia Potestes Est

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 04:54:04 PM »

That would be nice.

We had talked about this and I have not heard an official answer yet.

On a side not the rules team has been going back and forth about these changes since late May. We wanted to have the wording finalized no later than one month before Gencon so people would have plenty of time to test and build
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 04:56:44 PM »
I agree with the temple of light, but I thought it should go priest only epic instead.

Although the hand change was interesting, but I could see how it would über out the FM
turn 5 I could 14 4 14 3 under the old rules even with average rolls that is lethal for most mages.

Texan85

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Game Free, or Die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 05:52:30 PM »
Yep, law of unintended consequences, that's smack you. In the face strong.

IMO if y'all can't do free ones, then print 4-6 copies in next expansion, or let us buy some online?

Thessial

• Vice President
  • Administrator
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 06:01:36 PM »

That would be nice.

Greetings to all!

To answer the question, producing cards as a small single print run is beyond the budget. We are gamers after all and our salaries don't yet equal that of sports stars. However, we feel your pain. So here are our solutions to get accurate reprints out to you the dedicated many.

We have decided to make sure that reprints of the cards will appear in the next Expansion that has a Mage capable of benefiting from them. To be a little more clear, not Druid Vs. Necromancer, but an Expansion that we are looking at for the 2014 season. Now I have less patience than most and that just doesn't satisfy me fully. So...

We are going to post printable PDFs of the 3 modified cards in the Downloads section of our website later tonight. This will at least keep people from having to mark up their existing cards.

Hope this helps and thank you very much for supporting Mage Wars!

John

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 07:36:31 PM »
I printed them out at low resolution and they work fine.

Just stick them in a sleeve with the card and youre ready to roll! (Attack dice that is!)
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

cbalian

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 09:14:02 PM »
Awesome!  Thanks!  I sleeve all my cards so that is a workable solution.  Although I would prefer to simply purchase a card pack with replacements, but this will do for now.  I don't want to rely on my memory to remember the change nor do I want to mark up existing cards, that is kind of low budget and tacky looking.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile

Texan85

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Game Free, or Die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 11:51:07 PM »
At least the changes are very straight forward, i don't know if you even need an indicator. Those cards were rather infamous in the game right now.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 03:40:13 AM »

That would be nice.

Greetings to all!

To answer the question, producing cards as a small single print run is beyond the budget. We are gamers after all and our salaries don't yet equal that of sports stars. However, we feel your pain. So here are our solutions to get accurate reprints out to you the dedicated many.

We have decided to make sure that reprints of the cards will appear in the next Expansion that has a Mage capable of benefiting from them. To be a little more clear, not Druid Vs. Necromancer, but an Expansion that we are looking at for the 2014 season. Now I have less patience than most and that just doesn't satisfy me fully. So...

We are going to post printable PDFs of the 3 modified cards in the Downloads section of our website later tonight. This will at least keep people from having to mark up their existing cards.

Hope this helps and thank you very much for supporting Mage Wars!

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the information. It is nice to have PDFs but I never use sleeves. I am still a bit worried as it seems as though the replacements may come out in dribs and drabs 'in the next expansion that has a Mage capable of benefitting from them'. Two things...

Firstly, ALL mages can benefit from them.

Secondly, the issue isn't MAGE benefit, it is GAME OWNER benefit.

If you can't just send out replacement cards for free (I wonder how many games have actually been sold so far, and what would the actual cost be?) How about you put max copies of each errata card, 4 or 6, into the next expansion as a free add on? Or even just a couple of each? I know all about print costs and so on, but I also know that doing remarkable things for your customer base drives long term loyalty.

The precedent would be Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear. They included a free couple sheets of proper high quality counters in the second expansion, Price of Honour, to replace slightly modified counters from the original game. They garnered much kudos for this on the boards.

I love this Mage Wars game. I will keep playing it. It's all about the love, not the commerce.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:54:15 AM by Fentum »