Who Wins? Bear or Unicorn?

Bear
8 (40%)
Unicorn
10 (50%)
uuuhhhh... wut?
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: the MW color pie?  (Read 7543 times)

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: the MW color pie?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 04:29:16 AM »
I love how this thread started out about the MW color pie but is now about bears fighting unicorns  ;D
"See you space cowboy..."

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 01:39:41 PM »
That sounds amazing! Bear doesn't stand a chance.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 08:11:28 AM »
I think it depends. Unicorns are quicker than bears. And they often are depicted as having wings. If the unicorn has wings, if it can't fly, it will probably be able to glide a bit, or at least run faster. Not to mention those horns can be really sharp. The bear has a lot of brute strength, sharp claws and teeth, and a very heavy body. It's also of course not as fast as a unicorn. Naturally this would usually equate to a an aggro-midrange versus an aggro-control style battle of sorts, with the unicorn using its magic combined with hit and run tactics to tire the bear, and the bear trying to land the one or two hits it needs to kill the unicorn before the unicorn can get out of its range. Of course, if the unicorn gets really angry, it might try a charge with its horn. Against the bear this tactic probably has a relatively low chance of success in spite of the bear's low reflexes. If the unicorn gets angry it will likely make loud hoofsteps and possibly neigh, giving the bear more than enough time to react to the charge.

And this is all without the supervision of a mage.

So in conclusion, it could go either way, but the unicorn has the advantage.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 01:18:38 PM »
A Pegasus has wings, not a unicorn. Since there is 1 bear (Steelclaw Grizzly) and 1 unicorn (Highland Unicorn) in the game thus far, I was assuming that they were fighting.

Steelclaw hits much harder, and the unicorn's Charge +2 would come into play at most once without support. The Highland Unicorn Regenerates, but the differences in total health, effective armor, and attack strength are just too big for the Highland Unicorn to have a good chance without support of some kind.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 10:46:51 PM »
Yeah, there's no way Highland Unicorn could beat the Steelclaw.  It's a support creature more than anything else.

But the sarcasm is well taken.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 06:48:31 AM »
1. That's not what the poll say (unicorn is winning against the bear right now)
2. It doesn't say in Mage Wars or use their specific names, so you assumption is perhaps misplaced.
3. It's more entertaining to image the unicorn winning.