May 20, 2024, 02:21:07 AM

Author Topic: About Immunity  (Read 54488 times)

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
Re: About Immunity
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2015, 10:56:14 AM »
You can add Plagued to your list of issues. That card is not meant to be attached to anything with poison immunity.

Yeah, and I don't understand why. I find this very logic that a zombie is carrying plague around it, there is even a Plague Zombie.

Is it for balance issue?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2015, 10:57:36 AM »
Balance issues, they want it to damage whatever creature it is attached to, so that it is a double edged sword.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2015, 10:58:16 AM »
Immunity
This object can't get damaged, can't gain condition and can't be affected by effects of the specified type.
So, this way we would be able to
1- play a Circle of Fire on a Flaming Hellion
2- play Plagued on a Necromancer
3- play a FD Ghoul Rot on a Necromancer ( to check for Nullify ) - turning it face up would be useless and a mana waste
4- Attack a guarding creature with immunity to that type of attack

If all "yes" , I'm all for it :)

Yep. Would also allow Geyser to remove burns on plants and Extinguish would not need to have an exception in the rules.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2015, 10:59:30 AM »
Mostly a balance issue. It's mana cost assumes that you have to deal with the enchantment as well.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2015, 11:01:49 AM »
Mostly a balance issue. It's mana cost assumes that you have to deal with the enchantment as well.

Well, then Plagued would need an errata too. Which could be to not allow poison immune target or make it cost more mana if it is the case.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 11:27:29 AM by Wildhorn »

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2015, 02:50:16 PM »
Immunity
This object can't get damaged, can't gain condition and can't be affected by effects of the specified type.
3- play a FD Ghoul Rot on a Necromancer ( to check for Nullify ) - turning it face up would be useless and a mana waste

This definition won't allow for 1 to happen (or rather it will happen, but FH won't benefit from CoF).

I propose that instead of preventing targeting Immunity should allow objects to ignore things. For example:
Immunity:
Object with immunity ignores damage and conditions of a type it's immune to. It also may choose to ignore effects of attacks and spells of that type.
This way we allow for objects to be targeted by anyone and benefit from friendly spells. Unfortunately this still allows for enemy special abilities to benefit from spells You're immune to. This definition needs to be worked to precisely allow for benefiting from extinguish while ignoring other effects like push.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

PsyKoStorm

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2015, 03:40:15 PM »
Immunity

This definition won't allow for 1 to happen (or rather it will happen, but FH won't benefit from CoF).

I propose that instead of preventing targeting Immunity should allow objects to ignore things. For example:
Immunity:
Object with immunity ignores damage and conditions of a type it's immune to. It also may choose to ignore effects of attacks and spells of that type.
This way we allow for objects to be targeted by anyone and benefit from friendly spells. Unfortunately this still allows for enemy special abilities to benefit from spells You're immune to. This definition needs to be worked to precisely allow for benefiting from extinguish while ignoring other effects like push.

Yes it will allow FH to benefit from COF.

You would be able to target the FH with the enchantment so the FH would benefit the COF when the enchantment is revealed.

Why the FH will not gain the damage barrier from the COF? tell us.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 03:43:50 PM by PsyKoStorm »

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2015, 04:22:09 PM »
can't be affected by effects of the specified type.
This only allows for targeting with spells. CoF's effect is giving a creature Damage Barrier. Since immune creature wouldn't be affected it won't benefit from the spell. Besides it would the other way too. Since You would be able to target Necro with Ghoul Rot what would prevent him from being affected if not this part of proposed definition?

PsyKoStorm

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2015, 05:06:00 PM »
This only allows for targeting with spells. CoF's effect is giving a creature Damage Barrier. Since immune creature wouldn't be affected it won't benefit from the spell. Besides it would the other way too. Since You would be able to target Necro with Ghoul Rot what would prevent him from being affected if not this part of proposed definition?

A vampire Attack a FH with COF. The Vampire will suffer the damage barrier attack.

Ps A damage barrier is not an effect. Effect are apply by the yellow die. And yes you could target a necromancer with ghoul rot, but it will do nothing when relvealed.

There would be an errata on Ghoul Rot to do poison damage, so it would not affect the necromancer and poison immunity creature.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:15:31 PM by PsyKoStorm »

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2015, 05:13:54 PM »

A vampire Attack a FH with COF. The Vampire will suffer the damage barrier attack.

Ps A damage barrier is not an effect. Effect are apply by the yellow die. And yes you could target a necromancer with ghoul rot, but it will do nothing when relvealed.
Effect of the spell [mwcard=FWE02]Circle of Fire[/mwcard] is "creature gains damage barrier". Since immune creature isn't affected by the spell it can't gain damage barrier. Effect die is there only to determine random effects. Fixed effects like "creature gains..." are still effects.

PsyKoStorm

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2015, 05:19:41 PM »

Effect of the spell [mwcard=FWE02]Circle of Fire[/mwcard] is "creature gains damage barrier". Since immune creature isn't affected by the spell it can't gain damage barrier. Effect die is there only to determine random effects. Fixed effects like "creature gains..." are still effects.

can't be affected by effects: the object is not affected by his own effect. Its on him and the effect is working... The guys who attack will be affected by the COF.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:22:13 PM by PsyKoStorm »

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2015, 11:11:44 PM »
Immunity

I wrote it that way because I thought "effect" was a reference to the Effect Die. But now browsing the rules, I notice it is use wildly for very different thing (Push effect, Teleport effect, Bloodthirsty seem also to be an effect according to Taunt).

So first, "effect" need to be clarified. Could you ask Brian, Laddinfance?

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2015, 11:13:59 PM »

There would be an errata on Ghoul Rot to do poison damage, so it would not affect the necromancer and poison immunity creature.

[mwcard=MW1E19]Ghoul Rot[/mwcard] is already poison damage.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2015, 02:57:15 AM »
You can add Plagued to your list of issues. That card is not meant to be attached to anything with poison immunity.

I can see why, it'd be instantly awesome with minimal effort - I'll just walk around spreading death and taking no damage! :)

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2015, 04:58:53 PM »

I can see why, it'd be instantly awesome with minimal effort - I'll just walk around spreading death and taking no damage! :)
So when it will be released all that's needed is a change to its target bar: poison susceptible creature. ;)

Just kidding, targeting restriction is needed in its description. Something like 'this spell can't target creatures with poison immunity'.