May 04, 2024, 04:13:43 AM

Author Topic: Multiple Conjurations in zone with Zone Exclusive  (Read 3973 times)

cbalian

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Multiple Conjurations in zone with Zone Exclusive
« on: June 16, 2013, 07:43:43 AM »
My friend that I play likes to hide out in his spawn point a lot so I've been trying to think of ways to flush him out from his corner amassing swarms.

Question 1:
Am I correct to assume that a "Zone Exclusive" conjuration just means you can't have other zone exclusive conjurations.  What I did is toss Poison Cloud conjuration on top of his spawn point.  I can put my conjuration in the same zone as his conjuration correct?

Question 2:
Does summoning a creature to the arena (whether it be via spawn point or via mage) count as "entering the zone"?  Or does someone have to actually walk into the zone to trigger traps and caltrops etc.  I was just wondering if I can toss poison clouds, caltrops, and hellfire traps all on top of the opponents spawn point and it would trigger when a creature is summoned?  Well cloud doesn't trigger until beginning of round but I think you get what I'm trying to do to keep him away from his corner.  And maybe that new pit trap card too?

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Conjurations in zone with Zone Exclusive
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 08:19:57 AM »
1. Correct, Zone Exclusive means that you can only have one Zone Exclusive in that zone. It's fine to have other conjurations in that zone.

2. No. when a creature is summoned it does not count as them entering the Zone. This ruling was made for balance reasons. You are also right about Poison Cloud though, since it isn't triggered by a creature entering a Zone it should still trigger at the normal time. Moving into, being pushed into, teleporting or being teleported into a Zone are considered entering the Zone.

Finally I would like to point out to you that if your opponent is clustering a lot of creatures and/or conjurations in one zone, it is time to hit him with some Zone Attacks to wipe that smile off his face.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 09:23:52 AM »
Park a big creature in the spawnpoints zone. Kill hem as they come out
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 12:16:10 PM »
Malacoda is a great Spawnpoint sitter

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 08:22:02 PM »
Malacoda is a great Spawnpoint sitter

I haven't tried that, but I should.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 09:00:30 PM »
poison gas cloud + suppression orb. cost you mana to not loose life, cost you life to not use mana.

additionally general anti swarm material are
mordok obelisk
suppression orb
idol of pestilence
zone attacks
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

Deefer

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 10:04:32 PM »
Moving into, being pushed into, teleporting or being teleported into a Zone are considered entering the Zone..
Really? Teleporting counts as entering the zone? I didn't think it would.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 03:03:15 AM »
When creature returning from banish and when it is summoned. Only those two is not "entering" Other like pushing, teleporting are considere "Entering" :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 06:11:40 PM »
when I have to explain it to new player. you can't enter a new zone unless you exit another zone. it might not be the exact rule but it helps them know the difference.
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up