May 04, 2024, 01:18:35 PM

Author Topic: Rule clarification for multiple defenses  (Read 3354 times)

cbalian

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Rule clarification for multiple defenses
« on: June 13, 2013, 07:29:02 AM »
Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm still pretty new to the game.

Question 1:
If you have multiple defenses, like Deflection Bracer + Cobra Reflexes can you use them BOTH on one attack or do you get only ONE defense roll PER attack?  Or a Bracer and a Scimitar or maybe even if you have 3 defenses can you use all 3?

Question 2:
If you are the Forcemaster and have a Deflection Bracer and a Force Field can you choose to use the deflection bracer and if the defense roll fails the attack would hit your Force Field or if you get attacked does it automatically hit the Force Field?  Was just thinking of a way to save FF counters if that is possible?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Rule clarification for multiple defenses
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 09:30:25 AM »
From the 2.0 Rulebook:

Important: A creature can never use more than one Defense against a single attack (even if it has multiple mandatory enchantments that are all revealed when it is attacked!). You must choose only one of the available Defenses to use each time the creature is attacked.

Force Field always comes first.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

cbalian

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 01:30:47 PM »
OK thanks so much!

If the same creature attacks you with double or triple strike can you use a deflection/avoidance against EACH one of those or since it is the same creature can you still only use 1 defense roll?  I "think" for a double attack each one counts as a separate attack correct?

If you do use a deflection bracer and you successfully deflect the attack does your damage shield still trigger or do those only trigger if you are successfully hit?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 01:33:20 PM »
As long as you have an available Defense you can use it during any Melee strike (as long as it is a Defense against Melee attacks)
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 10:34:57 AM »
I would also note with the forcefield, I believe that activates before defenses, so if you have tokens those have to be used first, then you can decide on a defense.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 01:49:07 PM »
Sike has it down.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage