May 02, 2024, 07:46:58 AM

Author Topic: Galileen: Hero of Sortilege  (Read 4654 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Galileen: Hero of Sortilege
« on: August 19, 2014, 09:57:09 PM »
Dark, Holy, War, Nature, Mind, Arcane. What did it mean that the fundamental laws of magic operated on values held by sentient beings?

Fire, Air, Water, Earth. Wasn't that a contradiction? These were physical elements. The major schools of magic were spiritual elements. Assuming "spiritual" was even the right word to describe them all. These four elements didn't fit with the pattern of the other six.

It's a conundrum that has perplexed Wizards for centuries. For all the knowledge we had accumulated of how magic behaved under all sorts of experimental conditions, we could not answer the simplest, the most important question:

Why?

They say the truth is a funny thing. It's not. The truth is always blunt, serious, and completely, utterly normal. The only reason people think the truth is so unusual and exotic is simply because they're not used to the truth. It's going to take me a very, very long time to get used to the truth which I've discovered. I'm not even sure if anyone will ever believe me. I am Galea Galileen, a Wizard of Sortilege. This is my story.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:02:15 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.