May 21, 2024, 08:05:30 PM

Author Topic: Holy Light Priestess!  (Read 2661 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Holy Light Priestess!
« on: July 10, 2016, 12:55:42 PM »
So I made this priestess book right before I saw the German Nationals Final. It's a armor up, then beat your face kind of book. Usually I open with brace and mana crystal into 3 knights of westlock and leather/ chitin. This book wants to get a lot of armor and vet belt then kill you with rocks. Few things i noticed, maybe I want more dispels? I'm also thinking about maybe more healing effects/ sunfire amulet.

A Mage Wars Spellbook, built using the OCTGN SBB 7/10/2016 7:12 PM

Spellbook points: 120 used of 120 allowed

Key: Quantity - Spell Name - Spell Level - Spellbook Cost - Total Spellbook Cost

Priestess

---  Attack  ---
2 - Hurl Boulder - 2 - 4 - 8
1 - Flameblast - 1 - 2 - 2
4 - Hurl Rock - 1 - 2 - 8
2 - Acid Ball - 1 - 2 - 4
2 - Pillar of Light - 1 - 1 - 2

---  Conjuration  ---
1 - Mana Crystal - 1 - 2 - 2
1 - Hand of Bim-Shalla - 1 - 1 - 1

---  Creature  ---
3 - Knight of Westlock - 3 - 3 - 9
2 - Guardian Angel - 3 - 3 - 6
2 - Gray Angel - 3 - 3 - 6

---  Enchantment  ---
2 - Divine Protection - 1 - 1 - 2
1 - Brace Yourself - 1 - 1 - 1
1 - Rust - 1 - 2 - 2
1 - Healing Charm - 1 - 1 - 1
1 - Hawkeye - 1 - 2 - 2
1 - Divine Intervention - 3 - 3 - 3
1 - Rhino Hide - 1 - 2 - 2
2 - Nullify - 1 - 2 - 4
1 - Bear Strength - 1 - 2 - 2
1 - Iguana Regrowth - 1 - 2 - 2
1 - Akiro's Favor - 1 - 2 - 2

---  Equipment ---
1 - Leather Chausses - 1 - 1 - 1
1 - Leather Gloves - 1 - 1 - 1
1 - Veteran's Belt - 1 - 2 - 2
1 - Elemental Cloak - 1 - 2 - 2
3 - Chitin Armor - 1 - 2 - 6
1 - Mage Wand - 2 - 4 - 4

---  Incantation  ---
3 - Minor Heal - 1 - 1 - 3
3 - Dispel - 1 - 2 - 6
3 - Dissolve - 1 - 2 - 6
2 - Seeking Dispel - 1 - 2 - 4
2 - Heal - 2 - 2 - 4
1 - Teleport - 2 - 4 - 4
1 - Purge Magic - 3 - 6 - 6
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 07:20:42 PM by Reddicediaries »
The Phoenix shall rise.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: Holy Light Priestess!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 10:04:11 PM »
Hey Reddice

This books looks solid for a timing attack. This book looks like it would play out very similar to how the German Championship match that was posted a few weeks ago.

Sunfire Amulet- I know you mentioned you were considering this. Because of the extra life and plethora of healing spells, I wouldn't be afraid of sacrificing some armor to buff your creatures or get out attack spells against crucial targets. Since you run a lot of heavy hitters you're setup to go for a safe transition should your opponent freak out and rush for you. You usually see Deathlock or an attempt to dissolve through kidnap/shenanigans. If you get the KOW up round 2 (what your plan is), you should be good to engage if they choose to.

I would consider dropping a seeking dispel for an ignite. It gives you slightly more options, but is also good for fishing for nullifies.

I would trade a dispel for a disperse. In my experience I find range 2 is easy to reach, and it savs some mana. I would also consider a Crumble, but that is up to you.

3 Chitin armor is very expensive. I'm not sure you need all that with the large amount of healing you have.

Purify while it seems useless is actually really good for the Priestess. The ability to get rid of Poisoned Blood and Ghoul Rot in one quick cast is very useful. Those are two very common curses to have in dark books. You have a mage wand. You can also cast purify on yourself if you have nothing better to do for 0 mana. Nothing happens but you gain a total life. It's free life!

Otherwise run the book in a bunch of games. It takes time to figure out the correct round to engage with this kind of book. Mainly because you have to react to how the opponent is building their power in comparison to yours.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 08:06:10 AM »
Hey Reddice

This books looks solid for a timing attack. This book looks like it would play out very similar to how the German Championship match that was posted a few weeks ago.

Sunfire Amulet- I know you mentioned you were considering this. Because of the extra life and plethora of healing spells, I wouldn't be afraid of sacrificing some armor to buff your creatures or get out attack spells against crucial targets. Since you run a lot of heavy hitters you're setup to go for a safe transition should your opponent freak out and rush for you. You usually see Deathlock or an attempt to dissolve through kidnap/shenanigans. If you get the KOW up round 2 (what your plan is), you should be good to engage if they choose to.

I would consider dropping a seeking dispel for an ignite. It gives you slightly more options, but is also good for fishing for nullifies.

I would trade a dispel for a disperse. In my experience I find range 2 is easy to reach, and it savs some mana. I would also consider a Crumble, but that is up to you.

3 Chitin armor is very expensive. I'm not sure you need all that with the large amount of healing you have.

Purify while it seems useless is actually really good for the Priestess. The ability to get rid of Poisoned Blood and Ghoul Rot in one quick cast is very useful. Those are two very common curses to have in dark books. You have a mage wand. You can also cast purify on yourself if you have nothing better to do for 0 mana. Nothing happens but you gain a total life. It's free life!

Otherwise run the book in a bunch of games. It takes time to figure out the correct round to engage with this kind of book. Mainly because you have to react to how the opponent is building their power in comparison to yours.

Thanks a lot! About adding a disperse, I really want to but I'm often using my full action to cast creatures. I'll probubly find time for it, but it needs some more thought. Also, when the holy armor from academy priestess comes out on Octgn, I will most likely replace a chitin with one.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 08:42:53 AM by Reddicediaries »
The Phoenix shall rise.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 04:11:46 PM »
Hey Reddice

Thanks a lot! About adding a disperse, I really want to but I'm often using my full action to cast creatures. I'll probubly find time for it, but it needs some more thought. Also, when the holy armor from academy priestess comes out on Octgn, I will most likely replace a chitin with one. I also just realized not for this book, but in general, carrying a decoy or two can save you a speaking dispel.
The Phoenix shall rise.