May 05, 2024, 11:43:22 PM

Author Topic: Mario Party mage wars! (But without Mario party)  (Read 2388 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Mario Party mage wars! (But without Mario party)
« on: July 29, 2014, 12:41:45 AM »
Game played with a REALLY big board. One player is the Dungeon Master (bowser). He plays from outside the arena, except when something interacts with his spells/objects in some way. When this happens the dm temporarily appears in the arena in the same zone as that interaction. Before the game begins, the dungeon master has a certain number of rounds to cast spells in the arena. All incantations and attacks that he casts in this part of the game become trap enchantments whose effects activate on reveal when a creature steps on them.

At the end if the game, the player with the most life after damage is the winner. You can also have healing prizes awarded, so most damage dealt could heal 2 dice, most spells cast could heal 2 dice, most move actions taken could heal 2 dice, etc.

If all the other mages die before the end of the final round, then the dm wins.

What do you think?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Death-from-above

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • This is some really personal text
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Party mage wars! (But without Mario party)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 07:33:13 AM »
I see potential. I like the idea of having a DM that alters the playing field every round. So are all the mages just against the DM or is it a free for all and the DM is just there to cause havoc?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Why am I not a banana?"
"Because your genetic code dictates that you are human. However it should please you to know that you share 50-60% of your DNA with a banana."
"Thanks man"
"Are you telling me that some people are 10% more banana than other people?"

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Party mage wars! (But without Mario party)
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 10:14:36 AM »
Free for all or 2v2vDM
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.