May 05, 2024, 04:55:11 PM

Author Topic: OCTGN: Thoughts on new Enchantment handling  (Read 2359 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
OCTGN: Thoughts on new Enchantment handling
« on: March 08, 2014, 07:39:27 PM »
I had a change made to prevent the accidental revealing of a Enchantment in-game. Now when you flip a face down Enchantment (by double clicking or right clicking and selecting Flip Card or CTRL-F) you are prompted with a Y/N modal window.

What are the thoughts on this? Does it slow down the game? Should we extend this to all of the other card types? Is it effective?

My thoughts on non-Mage type cards:

1. Start process to Flip Card Face up
2. Prompt: Do you wish to reveal this card? No: End
3: Yes: Reveal the card and prompt for cost (also handle X costs)
4: Pay for Spell
5: End

You can of course turn this off and on per player. We have been working on Casting Discounts from Rings so I hope that all of this just integrates together and along with this piece the game becomes even better to play.

Thoughts?

• Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: OCTGN: Thoughts on new Enchantment handling
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 08:02:49 PM »
Is there any other way to prevent the automatic revealing of enchantments? This does sound tedious.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: OCTGN: Thoughts on new Enchantment handling
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 08:27:18 PM »
Well we can leave it as is.

Which is: You double click on the card to reveal it and then double click on the card again to have the cost window come up and then you enter in the spell cost and then click ok.

• Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest