May 11, 2024, 08:46:02 AM

Author Topic: New Mage Wars Promos available.  (Read 20118 times)

Mrmt

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Mage Wars Promos available.
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2014, 04:53:47 PM »
Odd to see AW still pump out cards with frost resistance and defrost powers, when we are yet to see anything with frost...

haslo

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 04:59:32 PM »
The two promos I was most excited about to date (including the above) were the Healing Wand (which turned out to be not as awesome as I had thought, but still neat) and Sersiryx, Imp Familiar (which is just awesome).

I really hope that Sersiryx will arrive with Forged in Fire! :D

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2014, 05:45:28 PM »
It probably means they're preparing for the release of some pretty powerful ice attacks or creatures that can use ice attacks at some point in the future. I mean, if they only released cards to deal with frost attacks in the expansion where frost attacks are released, then anyone who wanted a way to deal with frost attacks would have to buy that specific expansion. While you could just use defenses, more armor, guards with intercept etc., I suspect that that won't always be enough. There's probably some sort of special mechanic that will involve frost attacks. I'm guessing it will be something that influences movement or actions. So frost -x would be useful for lowering the effect die roll so that a creature is less likely to be slowed, restrained, or incapacitated. It's just speculation though.

It would be cool if there was a mage that wins by "Freezing" the arena. Like racking up Frost counters on creatures and conjurations, where 1 counter gives them lumbering, 2 gives them slow, 3 incapacitates them or prevents them from activating abilities. That would be really cool, and it would explain all the Frost -x traits, since that would be a pretty powerful effect if it weren't for traits like frost -x to lower the effect die rolls.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:53:01 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
New Mage Wars Promos available.
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 06:03:34 PM »
Also, I doubt there will be a non-mind illusionist. How would an illusionist cast a real sandstorm? That doesn't make sense.

As for an Air/Earth Mage, I think of the weather. That geomancer idea that was going around a while back? Yeah.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:13:29 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.