May 02, 2024, 05:38:47 AM

Author Topic: Enchanter's Ring Mana Subtype  (Read 3977 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Enchanter's Ring Mana Subtype
« on: March 28, 2014, 01:21:13 AM »
I did some searching and did not find an answer, but this ring should have the Mana subtype correct? If this has been answered already can we get the next FAQ updated with this errata?

[mwcard=MW1Q09]Enchanter's Ring[/mwcard]
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 03:41:48 PM by sIKE »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanter's Ring Mana Subtype
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 08:27:42 AM »
It would be consistent with the other rings.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 09:59:48 AM »
its not mana subtype.

I believe its due to balance issues.

Aschab

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 03:13:55 PM »
Enchanter's ring does not have the mana subtype. But I was wondering, what difference does it make to have the mana subtype? any specific card works with mana cards? or having the mana subtype gives a trait? For what I remember from the codex, handbook and the cards I've read (I'm still kinda newbie) I can't tell what difference would it make to give or not give the mana subtype to the enchanter's ring. Can someone enlighten me?

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 03:15:24 PM »
Enchanter's ring does not have the mana subtype. But I was wondering, what difference does it make to have the mana subtype? any specific card works with mana cards? or having the mana subtype gives a trait? For what I remember from the codex, handbook and the cards I've read (I'm still kinda newbie) I can't tell what difference would it make to give or not give the mana subtype to the enchanter's ring. Can someone enlighten me?

Mana subtype means you get a discount from the Arcane Ring, which (slightly) benefits the Wizard. Currently, this is the only interaction with the mana subtype.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 03:18:40 PM by ACG »

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 03:42:49 PM »

Mana subtype means you get a discount from the Arcane Ring, which (slightly) benefits the Wizard. Currently, this is the only interaction with the mana subtype.
I have always taken the Mana "subtype" to mean that an object with the subtype has some form of interaction with Mana. Since this ring provides a  mana discount when casts a certain type of spell, I do not see any reasonable explanation for this ring not having this subtype.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Aschab

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 05:44:37 PM »
Thanks ACG, then I believe jacksmack is right, it should be due to balance issues.