May 15, 2024, 02:04:16 PM

Author Topic: Shuffling cards  (Read 3225 times)

Rinc

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Shuffling cards
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:02:39 AM »
Hi,

I just want to ask if I can shuffle my own face down enchantments on my mage? This can be very helpful, for example before the opponent is going to seeking dispel one of them.

I tried finding this in the rules codex etc, to no avail, so it would be very nice if someone could either point me in the right direction or answer the question.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Shuffling cards
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 11:11:44 AM »
It's in the rule book in the enchantment section. You can not change the order of your enchantments. They have to go on in a specific order and remain that way so that your opponent can tell which went on when.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 06:37:51 PM »
I just want to ask if I can shuffle my own face down enchantments on my mage? This can be very helpful, for example before the opponent is going to seeking dispel one of them.

Quite the opposite - this is forbidden precisely to stop you doing this!

Seeking Dispel is supposed to be a solid tactical choice, not a lottery!

Rinc

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 07:48:24 AM »
Hold sir,

Just because some think that it is a solid tactical choice, it is perhaps not designed for that purpose. Which brings us to my question, so we can know the intent of the card.

As Zuberi so nicely pointed out, it is indeed in the rulebook.

Personally, I would've been fine with either way. This make it just another parameter to think of when you use your enchantments. Which order is best if we anticipate a seeking dispel.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 08:06:37 AM »
This make it just another parameter to think of when you use your enchantments. Which order is best if we anticipate a seeking dispel.

If he thinks, that i think, that he thinks, that i think, that he thinks, that the first enchantment will be the decoy... let's flip a coin!