May 02, 2024, 07:44:41 AM

Author Topic: Expansions  (Read 17106 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Expansions
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
Quote from: "Klaxas" post=2992
i would like to comment that the extra spellbooks may not be needed, unless they are of a delux variety with the name of the mage printed on the spine.  this i would greatly love to see.  a warlord cracking open a book of strategy and tactics, while the wizard opens an arcane tome, and the priestess a prayer book.

I can agree with this because it would be better to keep the price point down on the mage v mage sets. But on things like the 4 player expansion I thin 2 more books would be nice.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »
exactly the extra spellbooks would be better placed in the 4 player expansion.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Talamare

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 10:09:19 PM »
I agree that the extra spell books should be reserved for the 4 player box

The idea is that these expansions are mostly not playable without a core set anyways, right?

Hedge

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 12:43:40 AM »
the expansions are planed to be playable on their own.

Hedge

Dragonsoul101

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 07:48:21 PM »
So are the dates set for when the expansions are to come out cause I watched the dice tower review.  I want to raise the dead as I heard a rumor
Necromancer 4 life

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 06:23:45 AM »
Quote from: "Dragonsoul101" post=4670
So are the dates set for when the expansions are to come out cause I watched the dice tower review.  I want to raise the dead as I heard a rumor

Target date range was end of Jan - early Feb. Seeing as I have not asked the AW about this since about 4 weeks ago I do not know how on track we are to meet that time frame. If we do meet that I believe that would put the Necro / Druid set on track for about Easter. Like is said this was as of a month ago so things may have shifted.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 06:57:43 PM »
Great Ideas! I REALLY hope that there is x4 copys of each spell....As much as I enjoyed purchasing two core sets, I hope that it isn't necessary for every expansion just to get x4 copys. I know you really dont NEED x4 of every spell, but I like to know I'm not limited in my tome building....
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

Sausageman

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 07:02:18 AM »
Quote from: "SeanDeCoy" post=2203
I love those ideas. I know that I'd like to see story related arenas. Maybe the official "Westlock" arena, or an arena for "Straywood Forest," etc. We're pricing them out with manufacturers to see if this is possible to include in OP or not.

There was actually a time when we thought of doing puzzle cut pieces for the arena so they could be made in any shape or size. The only problem was cards kept snagging where the zones interlocked, we hated that aspect of it.

I agree with both parts of what you've said here.  Interlocking pieces are ok, but the snagging would be more of a bane than the flexibility they would give.
But bring on the signature arenas.  Ones that have global effects to make you really think on your toes.

Is the thought that an audience is watching the mages dual?  And if so, any though of some audience participation?  :)

teroks

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 08:35:09 AM »
I am a little bit curious that how 4 player expansion etc. is going on? I am looking for possibility to expand game to playable by two, three and four players.

Texan85

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Game Free, or Die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 12:55:44 PM »
There are so many amazing directions to take this game. IMO new card sleeves first.
Ipsa Scentia Potestes Est

Locusshifter

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 03:57:45 PM »
Quote from: "SeanDeCoy" post=2203
There was actually a time when we thought of doing puzzle cut pieces for the arena so they could be made in any shape or size. The only problem was cards kept snagging where the zones interlocked, we hated that aspect of it.

When it comes to tiled layouts, paper maps, and the rest that make moving chits and cards around harder I've found the only solution to be a poster frame or a piece of plexi. I would still love to see some vinyl mats but they're not cheap either.

Sausageman

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 06:36:02 AM »
Quote from: "Locusshifter" post=7081
When it comes to tiled layouts, paper maps, and the rest that make moving chits and cards around harder I've found the only solution to be a poster frame or a piece of plexi. I would still love to see some vinyl mats but they're not cheap either.

I'd buy a vinyl arena.
Then again, I'd also buy additional dice sets (at least one anyway), Mage Wars card sleeves, new spell books, essentially anything they want to bring out  :)
I have money, I want to give it to you.  :)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 07:29:22 PM »
Has their been any thought towards a Deluxe Version expansion that has all the bells and whistles and a base expansion that has just the bare minimum. This way you can do a larger run on the cards themselves but smaller amount on the bells and whistles. The economics of this approach are unknown to me but if it is feasable you could make all (well almost at least) happy.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Gkitnnek

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 07:04:13 PM »
A little late on the response but I would +1 the zone tiles with effects on them.  More customization and strategic planning is always a good thing.

Perhaps like someone mentioned, with a Geomancer or something.

Godofzombies

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 06:17:49 PM »
How about a chronomage and/or a zodiac beastmaster?
Why a mage who manipulates time and a mage obsessed with the zodiac?
Because there are 12 hours on a clockface and 12 animals in the zodiac.
And why is twelve so important? Because mage wars has a 12 sided die!
You could have special tokens like that random direction token from Forcemaster vs. Warlord, that interact with the effect die. Or spells that specifically use it in new ways:

Example:
"Midnight doom" Enchantment: nonmage creature. At the start of your upkeep phase, roll the effect die and add +1 to the roll for each time counter on midnight doom. If the result is 12 or higher destroy the enchanted creature. Otherwise add a time counter to midnight doom.