May 07, 2024, 06:37:47 AM

Author Topic: LFG: San Jose/Santa Clara, CA (SF Bay Area)  (Read 6228 times)

hacky

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
LFG: San Jose/Santa Clara, CA (SF Bay Area)
« on: November 17, 2012, 01:52:08 PM »
I'm looking to start up a Mage Wars play group in the South Bay Area, California.  One of my local stores, Illusive Comics & Games, has ordered an OP kit, and I am in the process of teaching interested players how to play Mage Wars on Saturday afternoons. I'd like to establish a player group so that I can set up a weekly play day/night for Mage Wars.

If you are a local player with any interest in regular Mage Wars play, reply with your interest!

---

If you are looking for a copy locally, there are two stores in the area that I know carry Mage Wars:

- Illusive Comics & Games, Santa Clara, CA
- Game Kastle, San Jose, CA

RogRog1

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: LFG: San Jose/Santa Clara, CA (SF Bay Area)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 12:28:55 AM »
I have purchased the game as you know and will be building my  beginners spell book.  See you at illusive.

hacky

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 03:31:03 AM »
Hey, all current and future Bay Area mages!

Illusive Comics and Games in Santa Clara, CA has the Holiday OP Kit. Fortunately, for any new mages thinking of trying it out, interest has been light enough that we'll likely have extra promos for anyone interested that comes down and plays some Mage Wars this month, and early January.

We don't have any set time/day for regular Mage Wars play yet, but I'll be at the store on the following days before Christmas, for anyone that would like to play, or learn to play:

- Thursday, December 20. 6pm-9pm.
- Saturday, December 22. At least 12pm-3pm

I'd like to also get at least one more play/demo day in before December ends.

hacky

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 03:24:59 AM »
Just as an update, we've been playing at Illusive Comics and Games in Santa Clara, CA about twice a month or so.

We'll be there tomorrow (Saturday, February 23) afternoon again. You can find Mage Wars at the store, and you can contact them to find out when we'll next get together and play!

http://www.illusivecomics.com/

Threshold10

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 03:16:30 PM »
Where could I find the next time you guys are running a mage wars event? I would love to come and join in.

Gogo

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 04:39:36 PM »
I have started playing with these guys. Unfortunately, we won't be doing it this Saturday (3/8  ). hacky is in Dallas, RogRog1 is having a birthday, and I'm working. I'd like to make it a regular thing though.

hacky

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 06:35:46 PM »
Quote from: "Threshold10" post=8623
Where could I find the next time you guys are running a mage wars event? I would love to come and join in.

We'll be playing at Illusive Comics and Games on Saturday 3/16. I'll be there noon-3PM.

I'll make sure Mage Wars gets on Illusive's schedule for our next play day. Though, we'll have Saturday conflicts for 3 of the next 4 weeks after tomorrow, so moving to a weekday may be nice for more regular play.

RogRog1

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 10:22:00 PM »
I'm trying to get players interested in playing either the first or second weekend in May.  Illusive seems to be very busy on weekends
with other promotions lately.  Any suggestions to alternative locations?

hacky

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 04:08:22 AM »
Necroing my own thread because we're going to be picking up with more Mage Wars in the area!

Friday September 6, 2013 @ 7PM
at Illusive Comics & Games in Santa Clara, CA.

Come, learn and play, as we finally have time to do so! I picked up one of the Gen Con playmats for a reason... :)

RogRog1

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 01:08:37 PM »
hacky,

Should I create a novice spell book for any newbs, newer than me.  If so, what class?

RogRog1

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 12:03:32 AM »
We have been starting play at 7pm but will start at 6pm this week since we re available.  Trying to get a jump on the MTG players.  Come join us for open play or to learn.