May 04, 2024, 05:50:20 AM

Author Topic: Battlegrounds Domination Release Update  (Read 14173 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Battlegrounds Domination Release Update
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 09:53:07 AM »
I just want to take a moment and say thank you to everyone.  I, personally, was very concerned about this message.  As most of you know, I came to Arcane Wonders to work, leaving a steady corporate job, as I believe in Mage Wars, and I believe in Aaron and Bryan, our design team.  I love Mage Wars, and it's my favorite game of all time, but it does my heart good to hear all the positive feedback, both here, and in the emails we've received from making the announcement on our newsletter.

We have an amazing community, and yes, we work 100%+ for everyone out there.  We know we're not WOTC with multitudes of finance and designers, but we believe Mage Wars offers something no other games offer in the space, true strategic gameplay without the luck of the draw.

I can't thank you all enough for the support, the love, and the comradery during this time.  While yes, we are pretty dissapointed with this issue, and not being able to have this on your tables as planned, it's tremendous to hear that so many of you believe in what we do.

Thank you all!

Ditto.

Erebus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 01:03:40 PM »
I'm a bit confused about the pre-order message. It says that "the additional units had an issue", which is that the cards were lower quality. Are the additional units the full release units? If we opt to receive units from before the full release (the Origins print), will there be any defect with the quality? I'm perfectly fine with not receiving a special box with promos, but I may be willing to wait until October if the quality is lower.

Thanks for being open with this. It must be pretty stressful!
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
"You see the great thing about madness is that it's all in your head."

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 02:30:28 PM »
First, I like must say that I agree with everyone in here that AW is doing an amazing job and your transparency is really appreciated.

Second, is it obvious to keep plan as is after an incident like this?
I mean, when a new and sudden setbacks like this emerges isn't a new adapted plan the best way to approach it? Yes, we (the fan base) have been starved for new releases over a year now, but I'm not sure the cure for this is to throw out a bunch of things at the same time (or within a narrow window). Now I don't know when PVS is planned to be released, but I think AW has worked their ass off to get a really amazing product in Domination. Why not let it get its time out there for fans to try its inside out? Without disturbens of other realeases.

Academy is a different story. It is a standalone game which has a life of its own. Maybe it would be better to throw things around and release the first expansion for Academy before PVS to make the stream of products have a better pace?

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 04:52:43 PM »
I'm a bit confused about the pre-order message. It says that "the additional units had an issue", which is that the cards were lower quality. Are the additional units the full release units? If we opt to receive units from before the full release (the Origins print), will there be any defect with the quality? I'm perfectly fine with not receiving a special box with promos, but I may be willing to wait until October if the quality is lower.

Thanks for being open with this. It must be pretty stressful!

The "additional units" comment refers to the units manufactured on the first print run, after the first set of units for the pre-release.  The units affected are being destroyed and will not see distribution, hence the reprint request.  The option we sent to pre-order customers is for fully manufactured units and will not be affected with the issues.

Hope this helps.
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 04:56:51 PM »
First, I like must say that I agree with everyone in here that AW is doing an amazing job and your transparency is really appreciated.

Second, is it obvious to keep plan as is after an incident like this?
I mean, when a new and sudden setbacks like this emerges isn't a new adapted plan the best way to approach it? Yes, we (the fan base) have been starved for new releases over a year now, but I'm not sure the cure for this is to throw out a bunch of things at the same time (or within a narrow window). Now I don't know when PVS is planned to be released, but I think AW has worked their ass off to get a really amazing product in Domination. Why not let it get its time out there for fans to try its inside out? Without disturbens of other realeases.

Academy is a different story. It is a standalone game which has a life of its own. Maybe it would be better to throw things around and release the first expansion for Academy before PVS to make the stream of products have a better pace?

We will be looking at timing and not just "flood" anyone for sure.

Battlehamster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 05:37:15 PM »
I just want to take a moment and say thank you to everyone.  I, personally, was very concerned about this message.  As most of you know, I came to Arcane Wonders to work, leaving a steady corporate job, as I believe in Mage Wars, and I believe in Aaron and Bryan, our design team.  I love Mage Wars, and it's my favorite game of all time, but it does my heart good to hear all the positive feedback, both here, and in the emails we've received from making the announcement on our newsletter.

We have an amazing community, and yes, we work 100%+ for everyone out there.  We know we're not WOTC with multitudes of finance and designers, but we believe Mage Wars offers something no other games offer in the space, true strategic gameplay without the luck of the draw.

I can't thank you all enough for the support, the love, and the comradery during this time.  While yes, we are pretty dissapointed with this issue, and not being able to have this on your tables as planned, it's tremendous to hear that so many of you believe in what we do.

Thank you all!

I'm Toxziq and I like warm /hugs!

Keep up the good work, we're all counting on you.

vlad3theimpaler

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 03:23:46 AM »
It's unfortunate but it isn't Arcane Wonders' fault. & it's certainly better than releasing an inferior product.

The question now is, how does this change the release schedule of the upcoming products, if at all?

Academy, PVS, and the DTE line are separate from this and should not be impacted.  Academy is still scheduled for pre-release at Gen Con and full release later this year, and the team is working on PVS, Onitama, City of Gears, and Royals as well for the DTE line.
What is DTE?
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 06:02:15 AM »
What is DTE?

Dice Tower Essentials. Sherrif of Nottingham, etc.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Lightseed

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2015, 07:36:11 AM »
Any news on the releaase date ?

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2015, 12:25:52 PM »
Will the promo's "Blur" and the "Ankh-card" be included in these first copies then ?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2015, 08:53:06 PM »
Will the promo's "Blur" and the "Ankh-card" be included in these first copies then ?
I know that there's at least one shop that sells the promos separately:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1445929/miniature-market-really-selling-battlegrounds-prom
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 09:21:15 AM »
Wanted to chime in quickly here on a few things.  First, the game has been released.  We have shipped web-pre orders recently to customers who purchased on our online store, and we have just recently shipped to distributors about a week and a half ago. This means that stores should have them in hands, or will be getting them in hands shortly.

On the topic of the promos... our plans were to have them inserted in the box, but in order to expedite delivery, we had to have them packaged separately.  If you have any stores, online or physical, selling the promos, please let us know and we'll contact them as they should not be doing that.  Those are to be included in all the first print run, this run, so everyone ordering, or having pre-ordered, should get them at no additional charge.

As always, let us know if you have any questions, and if you find stores selling the Domination Promos, please feel free to email me directly at scottmorris[at]arcanewonders[dot]com anytime.

Thanks!
S

ManofMagic

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "You Shall Not Pass!!" - Gandalf the Grey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 02:59:31 PM »
How long until it releases on amazon.com?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord