May 04, 2024, 02:16:53 AM

Author Topic: Mage Wars forum version (hopefully this one will work)  (Read 4108 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Mage Wars forum version (hopefully this one will work)
« on: March 25, 2015, 10:10:30 PM »
4 zones: left, leftcenter, rightcenter, right

(abbrev. as L, Lc, Rc, R)

The number of rounds and the number of non-phased objects each player can control at a time depends on how long they want to play. Whoever has the most life after damage after the end of the last round wins. However, if your mage dies you still lose.

If you want to put another object in play when you already are at your max, you have to give the phased +1 trait to one of your objects already in play. When you can cast a spell, you can instead choose to have a phased object you control lose all phased +x traits and for a non-phased object you already control to gain those traits.

For a 4 round game you can only control up to 1 non-phased, non-mage object at a time, and your mage can only plan one spell per round. Starting life is multiplied by 0.4 and rounded to the nearest whole number. 24-point books.

For a 6 round game you can control up to 2 non-phased, non-mage objects at a time and your mage can only plan one spell per round. Starting life is multiplied by 0.6 and rounded to the nearest whole number. 36-point books.

For an 8 round game you can control up to 3 non-phased, non-mage objects at a time, and your mage can only plan one spell per round. Starting life is multiplied by 0.8 and rounded to the nearest whole number. 48-point books.

For a 10 round game you can control up to 4 non-phased, non-mage objects at a time, and your mage can only plan one spell per round. Life is not reduced. 60-point books.

There is still a quickcast phase and a quickcast action marker. You can plan more than one spell per round total if you have spawnpoints and familiars, but your mage can only plan one spell per round.

Phased +x (trait): Objects and spells with a phased +x trait are x arenas away from their starting arena, to the right or clockwise. If the number of arenas in a game is less than x and the arenas are not circuitous, then the object or spell is is no arena. Objects and spells whose phased +x traits have different values have total immunity to each other.

Total Immunity (trait):  An object or spell with total immunity treats what it is totally immune to as if it doesn't exist. It cannot be targeted, hindered, attacked, or casted upon by what they have total immunity to. When an object or spell has total immunity to a guard it ignores that guard. If an object or spell has total immunity to a wall that wall cannot block its passage or Line of Sight, and cannot do passage attacks to it. Etc.

What do you think? Anyone want to try this with me sometime? I suspect it will be good for roleplaying. (maybe if mage wars academy is college, this would be high school) I also think it might be good for puzzles.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:43:26 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.