May 09, 2024, 10:32:10 AM

Author Topic: What a week 1  (Read 2523 times)

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
What a week 1
« on: April 22, 2013, 10:06:31 PM »
Hello friends!

It's been a while since I have posted on here as I have super busy with Android: Netrunner Regionals. My work payed off with a top 8 and overall fifth out of 25, but as my experience grows, so does my insight into just how long the road before me and A:NR guruism awaits. In the meantime, Mage Wars!

I'm pleased to announce that my FLGS in louisville has received it's OP kit that I begged and pleaded (and killed) for. Just kidding about the begged part. The new cards look terrific, but we have a small problem... only two participants! So, if you live around the Louisville/Southern Indiana Area and can make it out to Something 2 do, in east end Louisville, drop me a line, and I would love to get this ball rolling! Mage Wars needs to amass a following that can at least hold a candle to another LCG! I mean, after all, what's a BGG ranking without it's followers?

Today, I finally sat down and created a Forcemaster and Beastmaster build, as I was feeling master-y today. I'm really excited to sit down and test them, and for all you people who think creatures just cost too much to put into your Forcemaster deck, I say Nay! Costing triple just means it will have to have triple the benefit... or at least it's what I'm hoping. I'm trying out a new tactic with the Beastmaster, in that I'm trying a tempo control build, going aggressive early, setting up for the fatties around round 6, and finishing with a final aggressive push. We will see how this plays out, but my fingers are crossed!

In a final note to wrap up this pseudo not-quite newletter post, I want to talk about a well underrated card: Falcon Precision. I've been having a few issues with fighting the Forcemaster, and finally today, I sat down, looked through all my cards, and giggled when I saw this card. All melee attacks gain the unavoidable trait? Iron golem, you just got even better. Now, on top of the forcemaster having to deal witha  boulder hurling wizard, she's going to have to deal with a Golem that is so big he can't be moved, so dumb he can't even sleep, and now, so powerful he can't be stopped. I'm excited for what this game has in store for years to come. Just please please please don't try and compete with MTG. Two different games with two completely different feels. WoTC will win. It's fans are crazier. I know, I was one of them. Until next time folks!
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: What a week 1
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 10:39:46 PM »
I believe that Falcon Precision only works on living creatures. Otherwise, yes, it's a great card.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 11:49:17 PM »
Arggh! You are right! Time to rethink! Thank you!
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 01:57:59 AM »
Iron Golems are already immune to Mind Control and Charm. If you could make all of their attacks unavoidable with a 4 mana enchantment, they would be even better against the FM than they already are.

I agree that the FM has room for a non-mind creature. I'm running an Iron Golem in mine, although I haven't actually used it in a game yet. The FM's access to strong position control seems like a good fit for supporting an Iron Golem, and its immunity to poison means that I don't have to worry about most direct damage or weak conditions.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster