May 03, 2024, 12:12:18 AM

Author Topic: Carrying Case  (Read 7571 times)

Highrider89

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Carrying Case
« on: September 11, 2013, 07:55:56 AM »
I'm sorry if this suggestion has already been posted but I didn't find it when searching.

With the new playmat the portability of the game is increasing.  However, it would be nice to have some sort of carrying case that would hold a few spellbooks, some extra spells and the basic components securely.  The box is beautiful but a bit ungainly if you want to take the game along with you.  With the playmat in a artists tube and a carrying case for the rest it would be much easier to travel with.

Thanks

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Carrying Case
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:31:34 AM »
Like this case  8) I just looked and it is not up on the Arcane Wonders store yet.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:34:45 AM by Shad0w »
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Highrider89

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 03:00:34 PM »
Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I'd gladly purchase that if it were available.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 06:10:59 PM »
YET!?!?!?!?!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 01:18:08 AM »
Gotta say, I don't get all the foam.  I didn't realize people were sleeving with glass over in the US, or throwing their bags down in fits of rage when they don't get the latest DvsN update on time.  I guess I just feel that their is an awful lot of wasted space in that bag and people are already saying it can't fit the core + existing expansions.  Seems cool, but either short sighted, oddly narrow market testing, or destined to be bag 1.0 of X.

Evolusi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 12:56:56 AM »
Well, you can always cut your own foam. Although at $50 might want to just pick up a pelican case and cut your own foam. Keep your mage wars on top of your suppressed ruger O.o

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 05:59:15 AM »
Or we could pretend that not everyone posting is a total retard.  I appreciate all the things I could or couldn't do.  And then there is the question of how I respond to a manufactured product.

Ignoring the sarcasm I failed to communicate, I guess my question is more about the market AW were responding to.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 11:47:57 AM »
Or we could pretend that not everyone posting is a total retard.  I appreciate all the things I could or couldn't do.  And then there is the question of how I respond to a manufactured product.

Ignoring the sarcasm I failed to communicate, I guess my question is more about the market AW were responding to.

A bunch of the tourney players wanted this.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Highrider89

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 05:34:49 PM »
Well, if I'm reading this right,

"The cards you see in the bag include two core sets, one of each tome and expansion, and a few dozen promo cards. The cards are all sleeved in Ultra Pro Pro-Fit sleeves. There is still room for more cards, but not a whole lot. I expect it will fit the next expansion and that is about it."

That's quite a few cards in there already and he said there was likely room for the next expansion.  Personally I'm not looking for a case to hold every card I own.  I just want something that will hold my spellbooks and some extra cards that I might decide to change out with what's already in the spellbooks. So, this case is actually a bit over the top for what I would consider a tournement case.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »
Yeah, I take it back, that is a lot of cards.  I store most of my cards in books though really. But then they're easier to carry on their own anyway.  Was just surprised by the level of protection - my guitar case looks less padded ;)

Highrider89

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 04:05:00 AM »
I think it's a carryover from the collectible trading card games, like Magic and so forth, where individual cards can be more expensive to replace than the price of the whole Mage Wars Core Set.  I've walked into tournaments before with a 60 card deck worth several hundred dollars and I've seen some Legacy decks that would cost thousands to replace.

With Mage Wars, I'm still debating whether to bother sleeving them or not.  If a card gets so messed up I can't read it anymore it's relatively easy to replace it.

But I see you your point about less foam holding more cards.  This would work even better with some slightly rigid panels in the side of the bag like many miniature cases have.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 09:42:09 AM »
With Mage Wars, I'm still debating whether to bother sleeving them or not.  If a card gets so messed up I can't read it anymore it's relatively easy to replace it.

The only reason that I sleeve mine is to make it easier to determine which face down enchantment is mine during a game. Otherwise I would just leave them without sleeves
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 11:45:49 AM »
I only sleeve mine during a game when I play the enchantment face down and don't immediately reveal it, otherwise my cards are sleeve free.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 01:10:59 PM »
I only sleeve mine during a game when I play the enchantment face down and don't immediately reveal it, otherwise my cards are sleeve free.

The sleeve still helps here, for me at least, as it makes it easier to see who the cards belong to.

I might use your "sleeve as needed" method though
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Highrider89

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 01:17:55 PM »
Great idea to sleeve as needed.  It should save alot of space and time in sleeving.