May 14, 2024, 06:49:32 PM

Author Topic: how does your druid stop adramelech  (Read 16616 times)

Obsidian Soul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: how does your druid stop adramelech
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 01:17:32 PM »
Well, one things is to have a couple of Steelclaw Grizzlies as guards (since you are a nature mage) and just smack him down.  He will not sweep if he is going against 10 dice of retaliation, especially if you have softened him up with an Acid Ball or two.  Another strategy is the equip the Vinewhip Staff (or Mage Staff), a Bear Strength, a Lion's Savagery and go toe-to-toe with the demon.  You can have higher armor (~Armor 9) and more regeneration (~4 health per turn) than the demon does and, best of all, you can turn around and beat down the warlock afterwards :)

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 11:27:20 AM »
After some deliberation, I have determined the winners! Tarok with generic support. Maim wings is the runner up.

Thematically I'm only ok with animals with are legendary in a druid book. They are tarok and galador. Spitting raptor comes close though and spider would be an include if he could pull his own weight.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:29:52 AM by echephron »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Chicken the God

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 02:25:47 PM »
So the idea for the g. Angel sounds the most sound---but the overpriced action heavy maim/earth wall is hilarious.

But let me for a second examine banish again....by banishing a creature of 24 that he invested in on an early turn (2) then there is still something to be said about the cost effectiveness of a 14 pt banish (or decoy then banish if it has a hidden enchantment). 3 turns is a long time to get your affairs in order INCLUDING summoning an angel to deal with him when he comes back (although I'm sure I have to examine the math). It's a resource investment question---a 24 summon on turn two is worth way more than a summoning only appearing by 5. So play the economy of higher channelling early while he is spending on a big Bad. So save just enough to banish/decoy, but you'd be out resourcing him for the rest of the game and you'd get your angel. Never underestimate a well timed banish even in the long game---it's even worth it at x3 cost for a solo warlord who doesn't want to see a mage/creature duo early on. Banish costs 14 for a reason.----it's one of the of the best cards out there.

I hope I helped!

-Mo

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 03:11:11 PM »
i just want to remind ppl that a guarding angel does not stop adremelech much. bypassing guards is easy, and the sweeping attack already does that.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid